Hopper Performance and Other Stuff

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper Performance and Other Stuff

wvricky2
Costume Designer
Hi. I do not visit the Forum daily. In fact it may be days or weeks between visits, unless I am having issues. I had blank screen recording snafus occurring several times every day. That has greatly improved. I do not know if there has been a solution, or fix, or if this is just a lull in the problem. There have been several software updates. Perhaps one of them is the reason this Hopper is performing better. If so, that is appreciated. If it is just a coincidence, and the issue returns, I will certainly let my displeasure be known. I also feel the price hike was kind of sneaky. Lowering the core package price by $5.00, and then saying that locals were no longer included and would be $10.00 per month resulting in a $5.00 price increase overall, was like giving with one hand, and then taking it back with the other. Why not just say programming costs are going up and therefore, we have to raise bills by $5.00? Heck, we knew all along that locals were not free, despite the "Locals are included" blurb on the old packaging and pricing. And one more thing, I wish that you, DISH, would offer "preferred" customers such as I, something of real value in all these mailings I, as well as many others receive in the mail. I do not care a hoot about special rates on movie packages. I would care about a reduction in my monthly bill, or a "no condition" receiver upgrade to "preferred" customers as you call us. Thank you.
1 Reply

Re: Hopper Performance and Other Stuff

DISH Employee
I'm glad to hear that the issues you were having with your Hopper have improved. The Hopper receives daily software updates, and this could be the reason for the improvement. The reason the locals charge now appears on your bill is to give you more visibility into where our rising costs come from. Like all other Pay-TV providers, we must increase our prices each year to help cover increasing programming costs from channel owners, in order to keep the channels you watch. We are known for fighting to keep our prices low, but channel owners continue to significantly increase the rate they charge Satellite and Cable companies to carry their content. While we try to absorb these increasing costs, some of it is passed on to our customers. I'd be glad to review your account further to see what offers might be available for you. Can you send a private message with your account/phone number and 4 digit PIN? -Erika P.