Hopper Joey System on 3 remotes the SAT letters stayed lit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper Joey System on 3 remotes the SAT letters stayed lit

JonKane
Character Actor
We have had our new Hopper - Joey system about 2 weeks. For some reason, overnight the SAT letters at the very top (Not the side SAT button) of 3 of the remotes lit up and would not go off. Plus, none of them controlled their respective TV's (Super Joey or Joeys). The remote controlling the Hopper worked fine, and the SAT letters at the top did NOT come on.

Chat tech told me that if a remote does that the batteries are dying or they are put in wrong or the remote is defective. I know none of those things were the case. All the remotes and batteries are new; and the system was working fine until sometime very early this morning. The solution was to take all the batteries out of the remotes and put them back in. Ok, that worked. But the Chat Technician had no explanation for why the remotes did that in the first place. In my opinion, there has to be a logical explanation for 3 remotes simultaneously doing that.

I do not know if the issue is completely resolved or if the remotes will continue to have that issue each morning. Have any of you experienced a similar issue? I would like to know how to avoid having it occur in the future. Thanks.
8 Replies

Re: Hopper Joey System on 3 remotes the SAT letters stayed l

DISH Employee
That does seem like a very weird issue for a remote. I'm happy the issue was resolved with the hard reset on the remote batteries.

It sounds like it might have been something that occurred after the receivers went through a nightly update, that might have involved an update for the remotes as well.

I'll get this issue reported to our Tech Ops team to look into. Has the issue happened again?

JonKane
Character Actor
It did not reoccur this last night/early morning.

I am hoping, of course, that we don't have to do the take-out, reassert batteries for the remotes each time
that we have this issue.

Thanks for your response. I must confess I am surprised that out of the myriad of Dish users I would be the only
customer to have this problem.

But the nightly update being the culprit makes sense.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Others on another forum have mentioned having same issue. If you check your Hopper 3 you will find you got a software update (to U506) on the 13th which is when your remote had the problem.

JonKane
Character Actor
Thanks.

The on-line chat technicians (and their supervisors) apparently were not aware of the cause and effect.
Hopefully, the word is out, then.

I appreciate your feedback. I tried to search the forums for customers having a similar issue, but must
not have chosen the correct search string.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Not on this forum but on
https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/forums ... -forum.10/,
also monitored by the reps here.

sevdavcar
Character Actor
We had this same issue yesterday and we had to take the batteries out to get them to work.

JonKane
Character Actor
Thanks for the additional comment.
Well, hopefully, if this is to be an intermittent problem, Dish will be able to fix it.

As it stands now, we are still really happy we upgraded from two 722 receivers to the
Hopper and Joey system. The DVR capacity upgrade, the free movies and TV series,
the auto-recording of the four prime time network shows, better TV picture quality --
all of these are definitely improvements.

We are hoping the two "glitches" (issues) we have had with Dish are rarities.

Arisch86
Extra
This happened after the updates we're pushed to the hopper systems and joeys. The update was sent to give the required software for the new Joey 3 to be supported. Just remove the batteries and put them back in.