Hopper HPR2000 Start-up "Loop"

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper HPR2000 Start-up "Loop"

coyneg
Extra
I have a Hopper HPR2000 - this morning, when I turned the receiver on via the remote, the Hopper start-up message appeared:

"Hopper" Starting up (the Hopper Logo, with the text Starting Up in the lower right region of the TV screen.

The system loops through the boot message infinitely. This behavior has persisted through unplugging the receiver, waiting from 5 - 15 minutes to restart it, and repeating. I've used the reset button, power button, unplugged the receiver from the surge protector, etc., and the behavior persists.

I can hear what sounds like disk-drive access as the boot message appears, but otherwise there are no additional messages or any other audio feedback.

I suspect the hard drive may have failed. Is there anything else to do before I call for a replacement?
3 Replies

Re: Hopper HPR2000 Start-up "Loop"

DISH Employee
The receiver itself would need to be replaced then, though power failure isn't usually related to the hard drive itself. Can I get a PM with the account or phone # and 4-digit pin so I can set that up for you?

Shmty4
Extra
I am having the same problem with my Hopper. It is continuously going a loop of saying it is "starting up" but then ends up on a black screen. I have tried using the reset button and unplugging for 10 seconds then plugging back in. I also spoke online with customer support earlier and they ran me through a couple procedures that did not work. They also had me move my Hopper to a spot where there would be more air flow. When I did that it still did not solve the issue.

DISH Employee
Shmty4 wrote:
I am having the same problem with my Hopper. It is continuously going a loop of saying it is "starting up" but then ends up on a black screen. I have tried using the reset button and unplugging for 10 seconds then plugging back in. I also spoke online with customer support earlier and they ran me through a couple procedures that did not work. They also had me move my Hopper to a spot where there would be more air flow. When I did that it still did not solve the issue.

Can you send me a PM with your phone/account number and 4-digit PIN so I can look into a resolution with you, please?