Hopper Freezes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper Freezes

PortlandChris
Camera Crew
original Hopper has been freezing lately - a lot.

Today during football had to restart it 6 times after frozen screens. Its been happening last few weeks.

Have two original Hoppers and the other one is doing just fine.

Is this an issue that can be corrected with a software download?

I am not interested in spending eons of time or money replacing the model. Not interested in another commitment period to get new Hoppers or replace the ones I have. These things are what - 4 or so years old now? I can't remember. I came back to DISH when the Pac 12 Network was just added.

I like DISH, I just feel that DISH should figure out the equipment issue, not me. I pay my monthly fees for working equipment.

Anyone have any options?
3 Replies

Re: Hopper Freezes

DISH Employee
When freezing is going on can you press the Guide button and if so will it show on the screen? If you channel up and then back down will it un-freeze? Did you reset the Hopper and if so did it resolve the issue?

PortlandChris
Camera Crew
None of the buttons on the Hopper works at all when this happen.

I can re-set it, and then it will do it again later. So while it solves it momentarily, it does not resolve the issue.

This is not working well for me right now. On Sunday, for example, while watching football I had to hit the reset button 7 times in about 5 hours. Ridiculous.

PortlandChris
Camera Crew
The mere fact that DISH has yet to weigh in suggests to me they have no answers.