Hopper 3 will not wake after 4hr timeout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 will not wake after 4hr timeout

Deano
Character Actor

My Hopper 3 is set in the Power settings to timeout after 4 hrs of inactivity.  It does.  But, no matter what button I push on the 54.0 remote, it will not wake up.  The system is not showing the Green power LED.  I have to press the Red reset button to reboot the Hopper for it to work again.  Is this a bug?  I an running Software U511.  I've had to change the power setting to "always on" to prevent the system from freezing when it goes to sleep.

5 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 will not wake after 4hr timeout

DISH Employee

Hey there, Deano! That is a great question. If you press the POWER button on the front of the Hopper one time instead of the red RESET button, does it come back on for you?

Dthayer808
Extra
Have the same problem. Red power button does reset everything but also reboots the whole system.

DISH Employee

When the issue occurs, what happens when you press the SAT button once? Does the SAT button light up on the remote?

Dthayer808
Extra
Yes. Just did it after being off for just an hour or so and came right on.

Sat light does light up on remote and I check since do six first for sound bar them back to sat. Television comes on but hopper stays asleep.

DISH Employee

You may want to re-sync the remote. While on the Standby Screen, if you access the "System Info" button, does the receiver go the Diagnostics screen?