Hopper 3 will not send display to TV

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper 3 will not send display to TV

CoSatGuy
Costume Designer

New update.  I was watching TV about 30 minutes ago and turned the TV off, but left the hopper on.  Now when I just went to watch TV, the green light on the hopper is still on, but when I turn the TV on there is no display on the TV.

DISH Employee

Okay. Is that after changing the HDMI-CEC setting on your TV itself?

CoSatGuy
Costume Designer

My TV is a Sharp LC-60LE845U.  I see no HDMI-CEC settting, but there is a setting called AQUOS LINK.  It was set to ON.  I have switched it to OFF and will let you know what happens.

DISH Employee

Perfect! Yes, just let us know if anything changes.

CoSatGuy
Costume Designer

I am still seeing the issue.  HDMI-CEC is disabled on both the TV and the Hopper 3.

Today I was watching TV and turned the TV off with the TV remote.  The hopper was left on. about 30 minutes later I turned the TV back on and there was no picture.  The green light on the hopper was on.  I tried pushing all the buttons on the hopper remote and changed the TV input to a different input and then back to no avail.

When was the last Hopper 3 software update?  This did not happen the first week that I had the hopper.  I am wondering if the issue is with the last update.

DISH Employee

CoSatGuy, the most current software version available for the Hopper3 is U5.18. This version became available last month. You can check your current software version and the date that it  downloaded by going to the Diagnostics screen on your Hopper. To do this, just press the Home button three times or the Menu button two times, depending on which remote you have.

CoSatGuy
Costume Designer

So that ruins my theory that an update broke the system.

My hopper shows the current version as U517 updated on 6/17/2018 which was the date that the new hopper was installed.

If the current version is U518, should it not have updated automatically?

DISH Employee

Many Hopper3s are still running the U5.17 version from what I have seen. You can try to force a software update. If you are still on the Diagnostics screen, you will want to select on the left of the screen "Tools" and then "Upgrade Software". 

CoSatGuy
Costume Designer

Thanks.

Before I force the upgrade, can you provide a link to the 518 release notes?  I would like to see what has changed in the 518 version.

DISH Employee

Both U5.17 and U5.18 are both current software. For U5.18 it was just to fix any bugs and stability that some might have been affected by with U5.17. We do not have a link that will show the specifics as it was just for bugs and productivity/ run time.