Hopper 3 will not send display to TV

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper 3 will not send display to TV

Optimusdad65
Extra
I just had a hopper 3 installed with my existing Aquos TV and experienced the same problem. Technician had heard of this before tried a better quality cable which did not fix the issue. Eventually tried the best quality table which is a Pearl directional cable and it fixed the problem.

Erivas100
Camera Crew
Glad to hear this resolved the issue. If this is the fix, Dish needs to send us all a Pearl Directional cable. They claim to be working on a resolution. DISH...you have my info. Send one to my service address ASAP. This has been going on long enough.

Bizzyb
Character Actor
I am experiencing this same issue on our Samsung smart TV UN55JU6500. It only affects our Hopper3 tv whereas the 4 joeys in our home with different brands of TV are not affected. The non-display on TV with this Hopper 3 happened about a month ago got it going again. All was well for about a month and it is happening again.

Bizzyb
Character Actor
We are having this issue on our Hopper 3. Our TV is a Samsung UN55JU6500

Bizzyb
Character Actor
Am experiencing same issue on my Samsung Smart TV. UN55JU6500 Prob started about a month ago. Have had same Hopper 3 and TV for 2+ years. Can’t understand why this sudden issue.

Re: llRe: Hopper 3 will not send display to TV

Bizzyb
Character Actor
I am having same issue on my Samsung

FunOutdoors
Character Actor

I am thankful I finally found this thread.  I have had the same problem since I switched from DirecTV to DIsh and got the Hopper3, which was in late March of 2018.  When reporting the problem in April 2018, Customer Support had me do reboots,  switch HDMI cables, etc, with no resolution to the issue.  Since the beginning, the problem occurs around 90% of the time.  The other 10%, the connection between the Hop3 and TV work like it should.  Sooooo for 10 months, 90% of the time I have been unplugging and plugging back in the HDMI cable.  What a joke that in this forum, Dish recommends a "temporary" fix of using component cables - lowering the picture quality to SD. 

Why do we pay for HD programming if the "temporary" becoming permanent fix from Dish is to lower the quality to SD.  So to DISH, I am requesting a refund of my 10 months of Hopper DVR fee of $15/mth - Please credit my account $150.  In addition, please remove the $15/mth Hopper DVR fee from my future billings until the issue is resolved.  

Since you will ask, my tv is a Sharp LC-60LE650U.  Since you will ask, I only have had this issue with the Hopper3, all other current and past equipment work perfectly.  Since you will ask, I have attempted all the recommended fixes recommended in this forum - They don't work.  Thanks DISH for refunding my account as requested above.

DISH Employee

Hello FunOutdoors. We understand this issue has been frustrating, especially since it been going on for a while! Thank you for providing that info. I would be happy to see how we can help with this situation. Could you please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code? You can find the step by step instructions on how to send a private message here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039 

Kip
Character Actor

I just began having similar HDMI problems as described by others on this thread.  Have had Hopper 3 since it came out. HDMI connected directly to an older Samsung.  Audio is fed via fiber from hopper to sound system.  I use a Harmony remote to control the entire system which I believe turns everything off, including the Hopper 3 with a single button.  Had the Hopper system on vacation from late October to January 6th.  After restarting system, all was fine until this evening when the system had been on for several hours.  Suddenly, the TV screen became very erratic dropping on and then off and finally displaying no connection.  During this time, the sound was perfect as it was being fed via fiber and not HDMI.  My neighbor told me in passing just this afternoon that he was having an identical problem.  He also has a very similar connection using HDMI and Fiber.  I do not know which remote or TV brand he is using.  He also had his hopper replaced and the problem was not fixed.  I definitely agree with the group that the problem is in the Hopper HDMI and happened after a recent software/firmware update. (I believe, as part of my reactivation, I forced the upgrade to avoid any problems that may have been caused by old software).  From what I have read here, I am confident other Dish customers have provided Dish with the information needed to identify and correct this bug.  I have been a customer of Dish since 2008 as their HD lineup with VOOM was the best on the satellite market and I also became a real fan of their technology.  Until this bug, I have been amazed with the advancement of their whole house DVR, Prime-Time, and more.  I certainly do not wish to change providers but, at this point, I am very concerned with the lack of a pro-active response on this problem. I expect more from a service provider than I have seen on this forum concerning this issue and expect a software update sooner than later.

DISH Employee

Hello Kip. We would love the opportunity to forward this information to our Engineering Team. Is this problem happening intermittently?