Hopper 3 will not send display to TV

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper 3 will not send display to TV

Noblett
Extra

I have had this same problem since updated to Hopper 3. I figured out how to fix it my son suggested I put a HDMI switch in between the Sharp TV and the Hopper 3 and it works, the TV comes on everytime now.

Buy it again

zeba22
Camera Crew

That is not a fix, that is a workaround. Dish should have FIXED this issue long ago and would wouldn't have had to spend an extra $33.00 to make their system work.

zeba22
Camera Crew

It seems dish is not concerned about the problems and limitations of their own equipment. I have decided that because of not only this problem but others as well that dish is not serious about custumer service. It is not only because of their inaction but also because of their callous disregard for their customers that I will wait no longer for a remedy and will be forced to remove myself from this "service". Good riddance DISH

tugadaq
Extra

This may be a solution. In the Sharp TV, go to menu, system options, Aquos Link and turn it off.

That said, the incompatibilty could also be fixed in the Hopper. I had Direct TV set up for several years with Aquos Link turned on with no issues. 

Re: llRe: Hopper 3 will not send display to TV

PBNSJ557
Extra

Returning DISH customer on two year contract. Just switched from DirectTV. Same issue.l Have to reset Hopper 3 every morning. Need fix

zeba22
Camera Crew

Sorry, You won't get one here. This has been an ongoing problem for well over a year and there has been no response from Dish.

FunOutdoors
Character Actor

To save you time, you should only have to unplug and plug back in your HDMI cable to your tv.  I haven't had to reset the Hopper.  Another method that works more than not is when the tv is starting up (I have an Aquos) I just repeatedly hit the sat button on the remote until the tv is all the way on (although I kinda feel like a mouse in a lab experiment).

Dish definately needs to fix this problem.  The already sent me a new hopper, which didn't work.  Come on Dish, respond to the group and admit your equipment has a problem.

FunOutdoors
Character Actor

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me.  I hope it is still working for you!

FunOutdoors
Character Actor

Is this still working?  Maybe Dish will buy us all an HDMI switch.

DISH Employee

I know that ongoing technical issues are frustrating. I would like to take a look into this issue to see how I can help. May you please provide me with your phone number, and security pin in a private message so that I may access your account?