I am thankful I finally found this thread. I have had the same problem since I switched from DirecTV to DIsh and got the Hopper3, which was in late March of 2018. When reporting the problem in April 2018, Customer Support had me do reboots, switch HDMI cables, etc, with no resolution to the issue. Since the beginning, the problem occurs around 90% of the time. The other 10%, the connection between the Hop3 and TV work like it should. Sooooo for 10 months, 90% of the time I have been unplugging and plugging back in the HDMI cable. What a joke that in this forum, Dish recommends a "temporary" fix of using component cables - lowering the picture quality to SD.
Why do we pay for HD programming if the "temporary" becoming permanent fix from Dish is to lower the quality to SD. So to DISH, I am requesting a refund of my 10 months of Hopper DVR fee of $15/mth - Please credit my account $150. In addition, please remove the $15/mth Hopper DVR fee from my future billings until the issue is resolved.
Since you will ask, my tv is a Sharp LC-60LE650U. Since you will ask, I only have had this issue with the Hopper3, all other current and past equipment work perfectly. Since you will ask, I have attempted all the recommended fixes recommended in this forum - They don't work. Thanks DISH for refunding my account as requested above.
Hello FunOutdoors. We understand this issue has been frustrating, especially since it been going on for a while! Thank you for providing that info. I would be happy to see how we can help with this situation. Could you please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code? You can find the step by step instructions on how to send a private message here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039
I just began having similar HDMI problems as described by others on this thread. Have had Hopper 3 since it came out. HDMI connected directly to an older Samsung. Audio is fed via fiber from hopper to sound system. I use a Harmony remote to control the entire system which I believe turns everything off, including the Hopper 3 with a single button. Had the Hopper system on vacation from late October to January 6th. After restarting system, all was fine until this evening when the system had been on for several hours. Suddenly, the TV screen became very erratic dropping on and then off and finally displaying no connection. During this time, the sound was perfect as it was being fed via fiber and not HDMI. My neighbor told me in passing just this afternoon that he was having an identical problem. He also has a very similar connection using HDMI and Fiber. I do not know which remote or TV brand he is using. He also had his hopper replaced and the problem was not fixed. I definitely agree with the group that the problem is in the Hopper HDMI and happened after a recent software/firmware update. (I believe, as part of my reactivation, I forced the upgrade to avoid any problems that may have been caused by old software). From what I have read here, I am confident other Dish customers have provided Dish with the information needed to identify and correct this bug. I have been a customer of Dish since 2008 as their HD lineup with VOOM was the best on the satellite market and I also became a real fan of their technology. Until this bug, I have been amazed with the advancement of their whole house DVR, Prime-Time, and more. I certainly do not wish to change providers but, at this point, I am very concerned with the lack of a pro-active response on this problem. I expect more from a service provider than I have seen on this forum concerning this issue and expect a software update sooner than later.
Hello Kip. We would love the opportunity to forward this information to our Engineering Team. Is this problem happening intermittently?