Hopper 3 will not send display to TV

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 will not send display to TV

CoSatGuy
Costume Designer

Sometimes when I hit the power button on my remote, my TV turns on, and the green light indicates that the hopper 3 turns on, but nothing shows up on the screen.  Turning the hopper 3 on and off has no affect.  The only way to fix the issue is to unplug the hopper 3 or press the red button on the front to restart the hopper.

Has anyone else seen this?

Tags (2)
76 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 will not send display to TV

DISH Employee

That's no fun, CoSatGuy! I have a few troubleshooting steps we can go through with you to make sure we get this issue resolved. Is the green light on steady, or blinking?

CoSatGuy
Costume Designer

The green light is steady.

DISH Employee

Thanks for checking that! Can you also ensure the Hopper box has at least 4" of space all the way around (top, back, sides and front)? After that the next step is to reset, which you've done, but since the green light is turning on I would suggest trying another HDMI cable even if you've gotta grab one from another TV temporarily. It sounds like the box is powering on, so no issues there, but that the TV isn't seeing the signal from the box.

CoSatGuy
Costume Designer

The box is well ventelated.  The HDMI cable is fine, the box works most of the time, and will work after a reset, it just seems to somehow get in a state where it will not send a signal to the TV.  When in this state, I can turn it off and on, but the only way to fix it is to reset the box.

DISH Employee

Have you been able to try another HDMI cable to see if that works? Also, when you start it up and it has the black screen, are you able to bring up the Guide at all? What happens when you press Sys Info on the front of the box?

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

I have a Joey that does this on my Vizio in the bedroom.

When the TV turns on it says "No Signal".  The answer is to hit the select button to wake up the Joey first, wait about 15 seconds, then turn on the TV.  Not sure if it is the same problem, but it sounds the same.

CoSatGuy
Costume Designer

Thanks, I will try that.  I have tried the select button after turning it on with no luck.

As for HDMI cables, that is not it, I have tried various cables.  

I cannot bring up the guide when the hopper is in this state.

I have not tried to press Sys Info on the front of the box yet as the box has been working ok for the last day. 

zeba22
Character Actor
Happens to me more than occasionally. If I unplug the hdmi cable and plug it back in I get to watch tv. Very annoying

DISH Employee

Hello, zeba22. I hate to hear that you're having this issue too. I would be happy to see if we can get working like normal again. Does anything help activate the screen like pressing Select on your remote or Hopper itself?