Hopper 3 will not send display to TV

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper 3 will not send display to TV

CoSatGuy
Costume Designer

I think this is becasue nobody at Dish engineering is working on it.  They don't care about us.  

I have been a Dish customer for 20 years.  I want 4k TV that does not require me to constantly unplug and plug back in my HDMI cable, so I guess I will have to switch to Direct TV or Comcast to get that.  It is unfortunate that Dish has decided to handle the matter so poorly.

I am begining to think that maybe it is a hardware defect in the design of the Hopper3 and the only fix is to replace all Hopper3 boxes and the executives at Dish have decided its cheaper to lose some customers than replace all existing Hopper3 boxes.

Here is what I do know.

1) Hopper3 boxes will for some reason stop sending HDMI signal to the connected TV.

2) This affected my older Sharp TV and now my new 2018 model high end Samsung TV

3) Changing out the HDMI cable did not help

4) Having Dish rewire my house and replace all hardware including the dish and switches did not help.

5) Disabling HDMI-CEC on the Hopper3 did not help

6) Moving the Hopper3 to a different location with "more ventilation" did not help.

7) Many other Dish customers with various TVs from different manufactures have this issue.

I pay $29/month for the Hopper3 and Joeys.  It seems to me that Dish should wave this fee to all Hopper3 customers until this issue is resolved, maybe then someone would actually work on the issue.

Craig
Camera Crew

It is definitly related to the Hopper 3.  I have had two Dish receivers for my Sharp TV before upgrading to the Hopper 3.  No problems with the older ones, but started having issues right after upgrading to the Hopper 3 (which Dish required a two year contract to do).  

A hardware issue does make sense.  They can't fix it and rather than tell us, Dish support blames it on the TV, or in the case of this thread, continue to just say some unnamed engineer is aware of it, as they have for the last six months.  This allows them to continue billing potentially thousands of Sharp TV owners every month.

As mentioned in other posts, this has all the earmarks of a class action lawsuit based on fraud.   

With all the talk these days of "cutting the cord" with providers like Dish, Direct, and cable, one would think they would take these issues seriously (and honestly) by having an engineer actually respond to us and provide some real information.     

Dtimm
Character Actor
This isnt just sharp or samsung. I had a vizio that lost the signal. Thinking it was the tv I bought a new vizio tv about 2 weeks ago. Everything was fine until last Sunday when I list the signal. I received a replacement hopper today and there's still no signal. I wish I'd have read all of this prior to going through all the hassle. I probably didn't need to buy a new tv!
Highlighted

Dtimm
Character Actor
Maybe this problem needs to go public on social media to get some action.

DISH Employee

Hi there, Dtimm! I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your signal on your new Vizio. Could you please send me a PM with your phone number and 4 digit security code so we can take a look at your equipment and try to get this resolved for you? You can find the steps to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039 

Chiliog
Camera Crew

Just for you Dish employees, I have sent my info twice, quit asking to do it again.  

If if someone can construct a paragraph of all of this, I’ll be happy to post on my social media.  I am considering doing this 

on my own, but all of us need to have a post with collective thoughts that is consistent.  

Dtimm
Character Actor
How about something to the effect that there is a problem with the hopper 3 hdmi port that causes it to stop sending a signal. This happens across multiple brands of TVs. Changing inputs, new receivers, cables and even TVs does not resolve the problem. Dish was made aware of this over 6 months ago and has done nothing to resolve this problem. I strongly recommend to any potentially new dish users, do not sign on until this problem is resolved, unless you dont mind watching tv in comp format. For all us current dish subscribers, let's band together and demand something be done. We shouldn't be paying for this type of service.

Dtimm
Character Actor
Feel free to check this out on the communities.dish.com site to verify this post.

DISH Employee

Dtimm, we would love the chance to work with you to try and get this working properly. Could you please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code? You can find the step by step instructions on how to send a private message here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039 

zeba22
Camera Crew

Jasmine,

This line has been regurgitated so often in this thread but not once has anyone returned to say the problem was fixed.

Instead of repeating the same line over and over how about getting an actual tech to chime in? The people the have posted in this thread have been more than patient. It's now time for some action on your part.