cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper 3 will not send display to TV

CoSatGuy
Costume Designer

>> We absolutely thank you for your patience during this time

My patience has been exhaused.  It has been over 5 months since this thread has started.  I don't think Dish engineering is actively working on this issue.  I challange you to prove me wrong by having an engineer who is working on the issue post a status update to this forum.

Older hoppers did not have this issue.  The hopper3 does, either the hopper3 has a hardware defect with HDMI, or your code decides to stop sending a HDMI signal at some point for some reason.  I demand to know what your engineering team has done to try and resolve this issue.  I don't want the usual "they are working on it" response.  I want to hear from the engineer who you claim is actively looking into the issue.

Craig
Camera Crew

While I appreciate that the Dish employees are active in this thread, the problem is that no Dish employees with actual insight into this issue ever post here.  We have asked at least half a dozen times over six months for an engineer to respond.  All they have to do is give an update such as "we are actively working on this right now and will keep you posted," or "we have added it to our bug list and will get to it as soon as it gets assigned to an engineer - we will let you know as we get further along," or "we don't consider this a priority and will probably never get to it."   Any response from an engineer is better than keeping us in the dark.  At least we would know if we should try to get out of our contracts and look for a different service, or if we will need to suck it up and live with this forever.  Instead we are paying a monthly service fee for an faulty product and no one with any inside knowlege of the issue will communicate with us. 

As for a class action lawsuit, yes, this seems like good material for an ambitious attorney.  It is quite possible that there are thousands of Dish customers with Sharp TVs having this problem, and they are in the dark because they don't know about this thread.  When they call Customer Service about this problem, they are told it is the fault of their Sharp TV, putting the customer in no man's land and taking the focus off of Dish.   This misinformation seems to be routinely given, even though Dish KNOWS the problem probably lies with their product.   Beyond that, Dish is still signing up people like me for two year contracts knowing they may not be able to deliver on their promises for Sharp TV owners.   This verges on fraud, if not outright fraud.  I am not an attorney, but this sure seems like fertile ground for a class action lawsuit.

Please, please, please have an engineer (who is familiar with this issue) respond to us in this thread.  If this eventually becomes a class action lawsuit, some people at Dish will lose their jobs for how this was handled (or not handled), and no one wants that.

Thank you.

Highlighted

DISH Employee

I know that I get really frustrated when I feel like a company I do business with isn't meeting my expectations. At DISH we believe in making it right. I want to ensure that you receive the best possible support. To make sure that we go through the proper process of addressing your concerns, please send me a Private Message with your account information. Thanks!

Chiliog
Camera Crew

There should be 1000’s of examples by now. How is after you get account information, we never hear back from Dish? 

@LatrishaR wrote:

These issues often require multiple account examples to isolate the problem, so each time that it is reported helps. The timeliness of resolution depends on what the issue is and the resolution needed s we cannot guarantee a time by which the issue will be resolved. Our Engineering team and Technical Operations team will continue to work together to find the correct resolution. We absolutely thank you for your patience during this time. 

CoSatGuy
Costume Designer

>>  please send me a Private Message with your account information

NO!  I have already done that in this thread and nothing comes of it.  I think you just ask for that to placate customers.

We want to hear from an engineer working on the case.  I don't think anyone is working on it.  Prove me wrong!

DISH Employee

I can definitely understand your level of frustration with having this on-going technical issue. We certainly what to get this resolved for you. I no order to move forward in resolving this issue I would need to access your account. Can you please provide me with your phone number, and security pin in a private message so that I may access you account? 

Chiliog
Camera Crew

I have given your companions my info twice before, my guess is that your response for it again is just to appease me.

Does Dish even have an engineering department?  

@KimberlyH wrote:

I can definitely understand your level of frustration with having this on-going technical issue. We certainly what to get this resolved for you. I no order to move forward in resolving this issue I would need to access your account. Can you please provide me with your phone number, and security pin in a private message so that I may access you account? 

DISH Employee

We absolutely do, the Engineering department works on known issues and updates to our receivers. We can't guarantee a resolution date, but adding feedback will let our team know how many people are affected and it also allows us to leave additional information to help them find a resolution.

CoSatGuy
Costume Designer

Are they working on this problem?  If so, please give us a status.  

Can you understand our frustration when for the last 6 months Dish keeps telling us  that engineering is working on this and the problem is not fixed.  It would greatly improve customer satisfaction if you would provide a status update here from engineering so that we can see someone is actually working to resolve this issue.

DISH Employee

I've double-checked and I don't have a status update available, we don't usually have status updates because our engineering team is focused on working on the issues at hand. We do definitely appreciate your input about the updates, personally I'd like to see them too! You can let our executive team know you'd like to see this in the Other > Suggestions section of the forum.