I've tried many different combinations. Disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable is the only tning I have found that works. I've never tried rebooting the hopper. That would take much longer than just the HDMI cable,
The next time it happens to me, I will try disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable. I did not think of that, but as you note, its much quicker than rebooting the hopper.
Is there anything connected between the receiver and the TV, like an inline sound system, or does the HDMI go from the box directly to the TV? It sounds like it's direct, but I wanted to double-check.
It looks like we would need to get a tech out to take a look at this, zeba22. Would you be able to send me a Private Message with your phone or account number and 4-digit PIN so we can get this set up?
To send a Private Message:
1. Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3. Click Compose New Message.
4. Enter the recipient's name (PhoenixM) in the Send to area.
5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
7. Then click Send Message.
Right now it's just an inconvenience. I don't think a tech would be able to fix the problem without swapping out the box. I am willing to put up with this inconvenience rather than lose all the recordings. But thanks for the offer.
No problem! Would you like me to note this on your account for future reference? If so, I'd just need that PM with your info.