Hopper 3 will not recognize one of my External Hard Drives.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper 3 w/Sling will not recognize one of my Eternal Harddrives.

KachinaShadow
Audio Engineer

I've had one of my EHD's (could be either one) just disappear from the list on ocassion...no set pattern, just at random. This has been going on for a couple of years.

Sometimes it will come back with just a simple push of the reset button and sometimes it won't reappear unless I pull the Hopper plug for 30 seconds but it always comes back. It's just a pain when you want to view something on the EHD (which is no longer showing up) and the Hopper 3 w/Sling is in the middle of recording something so you have to wait to reset it until the recording is done so you don't interupt the recording. 

Highlighted

cnangel1997
Camera Crew

I have another drive to use for extenal harddrive 2. When the engineer team fix the problem with the hooper 3 w/sling, will my recordings be there, when i hook up again to the usb cable port with my original recordings that are not being recognized? or have I lost them forever?

KachinaShadow
Audio Engineer

@cnangel1997 wrote:

I have another drive to use for extenal harddrive 2. When the engineer team fix the problem with the hooper 3 w/sling, will my recordings be there, when i hook up again to the usb cable port with my original recordings that are not being recognized? or have I lost them forever?

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Did you lose some recordings or is that drive not showing up? If the drive is not showing up then either disconnect and reconnect that drive or try resetting the Hopper.

Re: Hopper 3 will not recognize one of my External Hard Drives.

WENATCHEEWA
Extra

I too have a problem with one of my external hard drives.  2 of them are recognized with no problem.  One (of course my Christmas movies hard drive) is not.  I have been on the phone with a tech rep and we have tried all the "fixes" to no avail.

I was wondering if there is a way to get the movies off this hard drive and put them on a new one if the current problem cannot be fixed.  I hope by now a fix has been found, but am thinking it is not at the top of Dish's priority list.  But is important to those of us who cannot access our recordings!

Karen