Hopper 3 will not connect to TP-Link OnHub Router

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 will not connect to TP-Link OnHub Router

SookieSue
Character Actor
I bought a Google TP-Link OnHub router and have 17 devices hooked up to it but my hopper 3 will not connect to it. The OnHub just puts out one signal (you see 1 SSID which is both the 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ) and then each device decides how it needs to use that signal and connects to it. My hopper 3 however is seeing 2 SSID signals with the exact same name and will hook up to neither no matter what you do. I have contacted support at Dish Network and TP-Link at least twice with no resolution yet except to run an ethernet cable down my hall and plug it in direct. Has anyone else had this experience? I can't imagine I am the only one out there with this problem. I set up a guest network on the OnHub router and the Hopper 3 also sees 2 of those. Any ideas? I use a cane and am afraid I am going to trip and fall before I get this resolved. I don't have any other device that sees 2 SSIDs. Please I need help!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hopper 3 will not connect to TP-Link OnHub Router

Chadt41411
Casting Director
No more than $30 each. You can probably pick up a set for $50 or less.
5 Replies

Chadt41411
Casting Director

Google Ethernet powerline adapters. Two of those ought to do it.

SookieSue
Character Actor
This sounds like it just might be what I need as a work around. Any ideas on a reasonably priced set that you think might be best? I'm not looking for cheapest or most expensive, just best bang for the buck if you have any ideas or past experience on this. Thanks so much for your speedy response Chad and helping me learn a new thing or 2!!!

Chadt41411
Casting Director
No more than $30 each. You can probably pick up a set for $50 or less.

SookieSue
Character Actor
Thanks so much. I will take a look.

TPRIBORSA
Camera Crew
I have this problem too using a TP-Link AC5400. It shows 3 different instantiations of the same SSID. Tried powerline but the AC lines are on different circuit breakers and not very robust. I was able to connect to WiFi by deleting my previous WiFi setup and choosing one of them. WPS didn't work so I had to enter the password manually.