cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 will not connect to TP-Link OnHub Router

ikaddouh
Character Actor

Hi Dish Team

I have upgraded my DVR to Hopper 3 (paid $200) on my Sharp Aquos 65".  The problem i have is that once i just the Hopper > 5 minutes and then try to start it again nothing shows on my screen. The only way is to hit reset button on the Hopper or plug un plug the HDMI cables ( which i have checked and they are functional ). I had 3 techs come in and sped like 2 hrs on the phone with Dish and no solution . They send me a new hopper and did not solve issue .

Can you pleaes advise and help as this is getting frustrating 

Thanks

Ibrahim Kaddouh

ikaddouh@yahoo.com

11 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 will not connect to TP-Link OnHub Router

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Check your tv settings for the Aquos Link. Try toggling that. Sounds like a handshake between the receiver and TV.

DISH Employee

Ikaddouh, have you tried using a different port for your HDMI cable on your TV?

ikaddouh
Character Actor

Yes. We tried the HDMI cables with the TEch . Nothing wrong with them. The issue when the receiver goes to sleep it is not starting up or kicking off the TV unless it is resetted which is annowying to do so

ikaddouh
Character Actor

I do not believe it is the TV. It did not have the issue with the DVR. Can you advise what settings to look for  ? ( The technicians looked at some fetaures and did not work)

DISH Employee

To get a better understanding of the situation, are you getting just a black screen when you start the Hopper up each time? Or, after it goes into standby, when you press "Select" to start watching something, it goes to a black screen instead of programming?

Chadt4141
Casting Director
It’s the Sharon aquos Link. Also make sure that HDMI CEC is off on the Sharp.

ikaddouh
Character Actor

If Hopper is shut down more than 5 minutes and i want to watch programming , the TV has a black screen. It will not start until either

1- I reste Hopper ( takes 10 -15 minuts)

2- Take HDMI cable out from Hopper side and replug

ikaddouh
Character Actor

Thanks for the input. I had HDMI CEC off last week and showed the technician that some recommended but did not work. But what i need to try i nthe Aquos link to disable or enable ? 

DISH Employee

If you're going to disable HDMI-CEC, you'll want to make sure that both the television and Hopper have it disabled from their settings.

I just installed a new television to my Hopper 3 with HDMI-CEC enabled, and I found that while my Hopper is in sleep/standby I need to press the SAT button to power on/wake up the Hopper, power the TV on, and tune the TV to the Hopper input. By design, our SAT button is the only option that will execute all three functions needed to secure your Hopper's picture.