Hopper 3 wifi issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 wifi issue

olds4422
Audio Engineer
It just cometo my attention the moment my HOPPER 3 connect to my router either 2.4ghz or 5ghz the connection causes constant receives of 8-32KBps hits to ALL device connected the network, This is visable by just looking at windows 10 taskmanager network tab.

So long as the hopper 3 is connected to the network all device get these spikes, soon as hopper 3 disconnected the issue is gone...

1 More thing to call dish an complain about another thing there updates has caused.
11 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 wifi issue

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Maybe wireless/uPnP/DLNA features are at play. Some of these features maybe polling for clients or providing services for clients to use the Hopper services.

Does the same thing happen if you connect the Hopper 3 via LAN cable to the router?

olds4422
Audio Engineer
wired is not option and uPnP is disable on my router as for DLNA features dont know i cant find such features on the hopper 3 i was looking to see if there was some setting I could disable it it "Polling" it polling ever device on the network.

And none of the media sharing stuff like that is even enable on my router.

Disconnect hopper 3 and issue is gone. I hopping it software update that caused this like guide and timer issues from recent updates.

olds4422
Audio Engineer
only mobile device connect to hopper 3 is ipad air, And when I try to unpair it from the hopper 3 it does nothing meaning i cant unpair it

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Might look into some LAN wired connections. It has better performances over wireless any day.

You could even use wireless bridged to connect the Hopper to the main host router if on the on board wireless on the Hopper seems to be the cause. ;)

olds4422
Audio Engineer
well at this point I know is Hopper 3 causing it [img:imya79ju]http://i.imgur.com/bTRhkk3.jpg[/img:imya79ju]

Soon as I remove hopper 3 from network all my pc connected to the router wifi/wired all stop showing those spikes. I am hopping this was caused by the recent batch of updates that seem to cause more issues then good, cause this was not happening till recent.

I dont have lan cables long enough to wire it or another router to put next to it and bridge wire it either. It almost like the MoCA is bleeding on to network? which i dont see how seeing that goes threw coaxial. if it is wifi adapter going on it that cause another issue for me due to i dont have external hdd large enough to back up all DVR.

doubt the tech they would send out would want to stick around long enough to transfer dvr from 1 hopper 3 to another. and that is providing it is HW I think its the software updates that caused it and if replacement still caused this it I wouldn't except replace in first place, which would waste of my time and tech the sent, so replacing hopper 3 is last thing I want to do atm.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Ya that's not good. I would either contact one of the GREEN moderators on here and reference this thread. I can help test if needed to reproduce with mine for additional information. This needs to be addressed by engineering for sure. :?

Seen some 2Tb drives on sale at TigerDirect and NewEgg. Might get another... ;)

olds4422
Audio Engineer
well your welcome to test, But I doubt you have same router Asus AC66U running Asuswrt-Merlin firmware, It could be Hopper 3 update soley causing it when connecte either 2ghz/5ghz, It could a bug in windows task manager ethernet tab cause it only show this in the task manager it could a incompatibility with fw on my routers, but I tried atlest 4 diffrent fw for router.

I have already connect dish via phone about this, And told them I will wait and see if future updates will fix it before replacing hopper 3 as last resort. I have also report this to to the creators forums to see if there anyone else with hopper 3 (u345) update connect via 2ghz/5ghz to AC66U router that see this in windows task manager.

I have never seen any device connect to wifi or wired cause such thing though which why i didnt think it was one devices connected to router in first place, and I only found out it was hopper 3 causing I put the password in to router wifi settings wrong when resetting things on router 1 of the dozen time I factory reset the router and change FW, from there i purposely left out the hopper 3 mac address from the mac address allow list. from there i correct wifi pass and all was good, soon as added hopper 3 mac address issue began.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
May not have same router however would be good to test on different router to reproduce or not. Could be anything however I presume something with the Hopper.
Did you just notice this or has this been going on for a while?

olds4422
Audio Engineer
noticed it last few weeks? As i dont normal look at ethernet tab in taskmanagers unless i try to track down a rogue program hit interent.

And the whole issue with the guide,timers started over month ago? I assuming it start around then cause I never had this issue.