Hopper 3 w Sling Rebooting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 w Sling Rebooting

Avonjimmy
Costume Designer
Does anyone know why the Hopper 3 w Sling would be periodically Automatically Reboot? The Dish Contact has replaced the box, had a Dish Tech here, had me remove the EHD and had me tighten all connections but the Hopper 3 with Sling Reboots periodically such as early morning, watching a live event or a recorded show, late afternoon with sometimes as many as seven reboots in a row! Happened in last 3-4 weeks-never had any problem before! I've given up and ready to throw whole thing out the window (Hopper 3 and 3 Joeys) as it is not RELIABLE!!
5 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 w Sling Rebooting

DISH Employee
With what you have provided me this is an issue were gathering more information to get resolved. Will you provide me the following in a PM;

Receiver # -
Smart Card # -
Hardware ID -
Software Version -
Please include what action causes the system to reboot

Avonjimmy
Costume Designer
Can not get a PM to you!

This is what I receive:

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 12547344664453912384

Recv ID: X
Smart: X
Software: U349 6/6/2017 1:52 AM
Appl AN276

The Hopper 3 with Sling reboots randomly a different times of day! Whether we are watching a Live TV show or a recording! Didn't happen today, but Mon Jun 26 happened 3 times once at 1:10 PM, once at 2PM and once at 4PM! Sun Jun 25 happened 3 times at random times during the day! Help me!! Happened about 4 weeks ago!

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Need to remove any private info, this is a public forum. Try redoing your Pm leaving out any special characters or punctuation, I have had same problem before just by having a colon or exclamation mark. Forum can be a little picky sometimes.

Avonjimmy
Costume Designer
No notice on PM about colons or exclamation points! What a system!! Send account info to Mike H in a PM.

Spart
Character Actor

I too have had this issue for quite a long time now, and when I call customer support, and go through the diagnostic steps each time, getting different replies from each one, nothing has worked. Looking through the internet it's a very common issue that many people are experiencing, and it is very frustrating, and mine does it at least 5 times each day, all at random times. There is no error code, just goes black then starts back up, going to the Hopper starting up screenm, then acquiring siginal screen, and eventually back to regular programing. I've had this issue so long now, and haven't read of one solved instyance of it, and as much as I love Dish, I'm almost to the point of switching providers. Is this not an important issue to customer service, or tech support, because trust me there are tons of people experiencing this, and having zero luch with customer service.