Hopper 3 update problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 update problem

jwfrustrated
Extra

For the last 9 months, I also have had problems with the updates, even though I have set it to upddate at 5 am it updates in the middle of the day  when I am watching important programs.  It happened during the world series, it happens during NFL games, I have worked with technical support and have an incident number but all I get is bunch of bull excuses, and no one seems to know the cause.  I am looking for another comparable service and when i find it dish will never see me again.

8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Hopper 3 update problem

DISH Employee

We hate to hear that you're experiencing some technical issues and looking to leave our DISH family, jwfrustrated. We understand that this issue with the nightly update reset outside the set time is very frustrating, and we don't want to see you go over it. Our Engineering Team is aware of the issue and they are working to get it resolved as soon as possible.

jwfrustrated
Extra

They have told me they are working on it for months, so I feel they are incompetent, I have no faith anymore

DISH Employee

Updates can take time to create and test to make sure that they are able to replicate the resolution that you are needing. The more examples of this issue from other users that we have, the easier and quicker it is to have that implemented. I know that it is frustrating when you do not see a resolution right away, but we are working to have these addressed and corrected as quickly as we can. 

tcisinpc
Extra

I have this problem today and it has been months!  The chat person acted like never heard it before. I have updates set for 3am but keep happening at 10:30 am or so.  Right in the middle of a recording!  I also do not have my inactivity disabled, it is set for 4 hrs. The TVs are never on after midnight or so.  Please fix this!  It has gone on long enough!

DISH Employee

I know that this has to be frustrating I would love to add your name to the list to make our engineering team aware that you are also having this issue. Can you please provide me with your phone number and security pin in a private message so that I may access your account? 

gmcintire
Extra

We have the same problem. We even replaced our Hopper 3, thinking the problem was the receiver we had. However, within a few days we began to have the same problem with the new receiver that we had with the one we replaced. The Dish Hopper 3 NEVER updates at 2:00 a.m. like we want it to. Instead, it decides at random times throughout the day to reset. Sometimes we get a message that tells us it's going to reset unless we cancel the update. Then an hour or two later (we never know when) it will do it again. If we don't see the message the receive updates and we lose whatever is in the buffer we haven't watched. Sometimes we just get a message telling us "Something is wrong, . . ." and it just updates without any opportunity to cancel.

Today, the Hopper has reset two times. I agree with the comments of the previous customer. This is beyond frustrating. We have called customer support numerous times and can never get this fixed.

gmcintire
Extra

We have the same problem. We even replaced our Hopper 3, thinking the problem was the receiver we had. However, within a few days we began to have the same problem with the new receiver that we had with the one we replaced. The Dish Hopper 3 NEVER updates at 2:00 a.m. like we want it to. Instead, it decides at random times throughout the day to reset. Sometimes we get a message that tells us it's going to reset unless we cancel the update. Then an hour or two later (we never know when) it will do it again. If we don't see the message the receiver updates and we lose whatever is in the buffer we haven't watched. Sometimes we just get a message telling us "Something is wrong, . . ." and it just updates without any opportunity to cancel.

Today, the Hopper has reset two times. I agree with the comments of the previous customer. This is beyond frustrating. We have called customer support numerous times and can never get this fixed.

DISH Employee

Hi gmcintire. I understand your frustration and I'd like to get feedback for your experience submitted to the case our engineers are actively working on. Whenever you have a moment, please send us a Private Message including the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account and we can get that sent out. 

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039