Hopper 3 unreliable

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 unreliable

sporttster
Character Actor
Went from a reliable first Gen Hopper with sling to a unreliable Hopper 3. This unit records maybe 75% of the timer set shows we've set up and it also will not show the schedule for shows to record like the old unit did. We've got 16 tuners and a unit that refuses to use them to record shows we've set up. It's VERY frustrating!
8 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 unreliable

tommyy2
Visual Engineer
Has this been resolved yet?

olds4422
Audio Engineer
no the guide and timers issue are still not fixed, there still listing of timers that dont trigger to record,

And frankly i been seeing timers of Show with white icon in that says "not new" epsiodes listed in the guide when there isnt even timer for that said show in first place

There was supposed to "update 8-15" last i heard with "new" fix which didnt happen as far as i can tell

sporttster
Character Actor
Oh and BTW Dish people, removing posts and scrubbing negative comments from this forum isn't the way to deal with your many issues with this DVR. How about rather answering them, standing up like men, and dealing head on with the issues?? I am not seeing squat as far as answers on what you are doing to fix this. It's rather ridiculous that there are many posts regarding this defective Hopper 3 and yet the issues persist. What are you doing to address this?? Eliminating posts you don't like? Is that it??

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Maybe you got a defective one but many others have not. Other than the well known guide problems (which is not from Dish) my H3 has worked fine for over a year & a half, much more reliable than the old Hopper w/Slings & first gen Hoppers I had previously. Beginning to wonder if more recent batches have been made differently in some way.

bobknob
Costume Designer
peggyrh wrote:
Maybe you got a defective one but many others have not. Other than the well known guide problems (which is not from Dish) my H3 has worked fine for over a year & a half, much more reliable than the old Hopper w/Slings & first gen Hoppers I had previously. Beginning to wonder if more recent batches have been made differently in some way.

So, dish isn't responsible for the awful guides? Really? I am pretty sure dish PAID someone to use them...they weren't just slipped into dish software without dish's knowledge. Smh....

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Many pay TV companies are using the same provider of guide data Dish does (Tivo/Rovi), not sure there are many options available anymore.

skipole57
Character Actor
Our sluggish 1st gen Hopper has been real slloowww. They offered us a free upgrade to the Hopper 3....no fees and $17 off bill every month for 2 years. Almost bit at it but after reading about Hopper 3 issues, we sure WON'T. When our 1st Hopper finally craps out, it will be a good sign to drop Dish altogether since we'll save $100 a month in our retirement in a couple years. :D

Chadt41411
Casting Director
What issues have you heard with the Hopper3. Mine has worked like a champ.