cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 unreliable

logdog
Audio Engineer

Two issues with DVR timers:

1)  I set an H3 timer to record The Terror on AMC 131, Only New. The first 2 episodes recorded but tonight there is a new episode and it is not set to record. The Timer Schedule shows episodes running next week but nothing for this week. All guide headers are correct. This has been an ongoing issue for almost a year (DVR Going Wonky among other posts). Timers are so unreliable that I have to check every day or I will miss shows that I have set to record.

2) I am trying to set a recording for Legends & Lies on FXNWS 205, Sundays at 8pm. I do not have any timers set but in the Guide it shows skipped recording. Restore recording doesn't work. I used to have a timer set last season for new episodes but had deleted it. Now I can't set a new timer to record these new episodes. I've had to set a manual timer as a workaround.   

Tags (3)
9 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 unreliable

DISH Employee

Perform a hard rest on your Hopper 3 by unplugging it from the electrical outlet for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once you are back on live TV, delete the current timer, then set the  timer back up to record only new episodes for your programs.

If you have a 52.0 or a 54.0 remote, press the SAT button, then the Home button three times, select Status, select Check Status, select Yes. If you have a 40.0 remote, press the SAT button, then the Menu button twice, select Status, select Check Status, then select Yes. If you see a red "X" in the "Hard Drive Status" field, please reach back out to us to let us know. 

logdog
Audio Engineer

I'm doing several hard resets on my Hopper 3 every week just to get my Netflix going. The issue with Netflix that I reported about 4 months ago (Netflix won't open on H3 post) and still hasn't been fixed is that the splash screen comes up but Netfix won't finish loading. I can still hear the sound track from the last show I was watching but the Hopper is completely unresponsive. Hard reset is the only option and I usually have to repeat twice. I even tried signing out and back in to Netflix but that didn't work. This is an intermittent problem that seems to occur weekly.

Anyway, back to the first timer issue... I am already doing frequent hard resets and still getting timer issues. I just checked Status and everything comes up green. This dropped timer has been a "known issue" according to Dish since about March of last year.  

Now what about the ghost timer? There is no current timer to delete.

By the way, I checked the "Email me when someone replies" box in this thread but I did not get notified when you replied. I double checked my profile and my email address is correct. This new forum sure isn't as user friendly as the old one...

DISH Employee

If there is no current timer, go ahead and recreate the timer and set it to record all. This is the best way to make sure all of your new episodes are recorded even when the guide is labeled wrong. Our Engineer team is aware of this and working hard to get it resolved.

We have noticed that by resetting the Netflix APP to original defaults has fixed most of the issues with the APP. To do this: If you have a 52.0 or a 54.0 remote, press the SAT button, then the Home button three times. this will bring you to the Diagnostics page. From here go down to Tools and select "Reset To Factory Defaults" then select "Reset Netflix To Defaults". This will have you re-login to your Netflix Account after the reset. 

I will inform or Moderators to let them know about the issue you are having regarding the email notification. Thank you for the feedback 

logdog
Audio Engineer

I tried setting a new timer but it won't let me because the program shows recording skipped. It won't restore and won't let me set a new one. Timers tab shows no timers for this program. Please reread my original post.

As to Netflix, I forgot to add that I had already tried reset Netflix defaults. That's how I wound up getting signed out of Netflix and having to sign back in. That seemed to help for about a month or so but now it's starting again.

DISH Employee

Are you getting an error when you try to restore or delete the timer? When you go into the scheduled does it show that the recording was skipped? if so what is the reason that it gives? 

For the Netflix, lets check your downloading speeds. To do this, press the House button on your remote 3 times. This will bring up the Diagnostic screen. From here go down to Status and then select Send Status. You will then test the connection. Please let me know what the downloading speed shows.

logdog
Audio Engineer

Looking at next Sunday, 205 FXNWS, 800p, Legends & Lies: The Civil War (New episode) has icon showing skipped recording (3 circles with arrow). When I select the program, it asks if I want to Restore, Daily Schedule, See Program Info. If I select Restore, I get the Event Restored message in the bottom right corner of the screen but still shows skipped recording icon in the guide and it will not show up in the recording schedule. I do not have a current timer for this program.  If I go to See Program Info, it shows Recording skipped: program removed with single circle with arrow icon. If I select Record This from this screen, I get the Event Restored and then back to the guide with the skipped recording icon.

Currently downloading at 28.7852 Mbps

DISH Employee

Thank you for submitting that information. We will forward this to our engineering team so they can look into it. This may require a future update to correct.

Everdyne
Extra

I also have been having this same issue with no fix in sight. Even contacted DISH Support and got no answers. Whenever it decides to skip a recording it will say "Skipped: Program Removed". Even though I never removed it or anything. It won't let me restore it and I can't even delete the timer to reprogram the timer. This is very frustrating and it just seems to be getting worse and worse. 

RefRob
Character Actor

Having the same issue here.  Funny thing is, when I called tech support, they had no clue that this was an issue. It’s all over the place here.