Hopper 3 timers stop working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 timers stop working

PocoAskew
Extra
I keep having timers just quit working. They no longer show up in the schedule even though the timer is there and shows come and go. PTAT shows do record but no longer are saved to "My Recordings". All other shows (HBO, FX, Comedy Central, etc.) are lost.
Is anyone else having this issue? At this point I'm not sure if it is a defective Hopper or bad software by Dish.
I hate to go another route but we are missing way to many episodes and are lost in some of the series we watch.
Probably unrelated but I also see a lot of shows that say, "First aired 3/23/17. Recorded on 3/22/17." How can shows record a day before they first air?
Thanks!
8 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 timers stop working

PocoAskew
Extra
In case it helps anyone else, I just did a chat with Dish and was told this is a known problem. "They are working on a resolution."

DISH Employee
PocoAskew wrote:
I keep having timers just quit working. They no longer show up in the schedule even though the timer is there and shows come and go. PTAT shows do record but no longer are saved to "My Recordings". All other shows (HBO, FX, Comedy Central, etc.) are lost.
Is anyone else having this issue? At this point I'm not sure if it is a defective Hopper or bad software by Dish.
I hate to go another route but we are missing way to many episodes and are lost in some of the series we watch.
Probably unrelated but I also see a lot of shows that say, "First aired 3/23/17. Recorded on 3/22/17." How can shows record a day before they first air?
Thanks!

This is a known issue.Starting Tuesday, 02/28/17, all model receivers have completed the transition to a new data source for programming content, including channel and programming information, EPG descriptions, tile artwork, DVR identifiers such as timers. During this transition, you may encounter the following known issues such missing recordings, timers not firing, or duplicate recordings. Our Engineering Team is actively working on a fix.

alisha83
Character Actor
Over the past few weeks, I've noticed several timers have stopped recording. All on different channels and at different times. This issue was reported a few months back and it was a known issue then. How long before this is fixed???

DISH Employee
Have you tried deleting and re-creating those timers?

logdog
Audio Engineer
If you look at the posts titled "DVR going wonky" you will see that this has been an issue for 3 months now. It has nothing to do with the data source as we have provided several examples of timed recordings getting skipped even though guide programming info was correct. I can't understand why this is taking so long to fix. It's an essential function for a DVR.

DISH Employee
There have been updates to this particular issue and we ask to have them delete the old timers and re-set them just to make sure they are being seen correctly. The timers you are missing, are any of them in the Prime Time Anytime (PTAT) recordings? If so do you have PTAT enabled? Are any of the timers off the regular satellite channels (ESPN, Food Network< TNT or TBS)?

alisha83
Character Actor
I did as suggested, and deleted the timers and re-created them. There is still at least one program that is not getting recorded. To be specific, it is the show Shadowhunters on FreeForm on Monday evenings. The show right after that records just fine. I obviously cannot always be home to make sure that every single timer is actively recording at the designated time. Dish reps have said for months now that this is a known issue, so why is it taking so long to fix? I pay a pretty penny each month for this service, and I can't even rely on it! My husband and I really like the 16 timers, but if we can't trust that they will work, there's no point in staying with Dish when there are more affordable options out there.

Svlizer5
Extra
I'm having the same problem. I have added new timers and they're still being deleted or not recording every show that is set up to record. It has been 4 months and everytime I call, I'm told that they're working on it. How freaking long does it take??? I have been a loyal dish customer from the very beginning but I'm getting very tired of the constant issues with dvrs. I'm about ready to go somewhere else…