cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 still not recording properly

Major Havoc
Visual Engineer
Hi Dish,

The Hopper, when recording a program (ie, I have added the program as a series to record) is also part of PrimeTime Anytime, OFTEN (meaning more than half the time now) records the last three minutes of the show. Sometimes it records the next show, sometimes it does not.

So about 6 months ago or longer I complained about this bug on the Hopper. Forum admins contacted DISH and said they were working on a fix. I supplied a lot of examples. STILL NOT WORKING. Not heard any follow up.

New examples:
The Gone Show, ABC, recorded 8/31/2017 on KGO 007-00 10 - 11:00 PM
Almost EVERY episode of Grey's Anatomy, recorded on KGO 007-00 Thursdays 8 - 9:00 PM
The Orville, FOX, recorded 9/28/2017 on KTVU 002-00 9 - 10:00 PM
Several episodes of The Black List, FOX, recorded on KTVU 002-00, Wednesdays 8 - 9:00 PM

Not a problem if I catch it before PTAT expires, because I can see it there. But once PTAT expires, the proper recording is not being saved.

I am not catching up on a lot of series I have missed (why we have such a large HD drive after all) and can not believe the number of shows you have misrecorded. This is not useful. In order to catch up, I now have to have a Hulu subscription to see missing shows. If I have Hulu, why do I even need Dish now?

The problem occurs most on ABC recordings, but I have also seen it occur on CBS and FOX recordings as well.

Can we PLEASE get a fix. This is just one of many bugs in the Hopper 3 that are seriously reducing my desire to want to stay with Dish. IMO, I am not getting the service I pay for (and I pay a lot for the Hopper 3 DVR) so it is time to fix these bugs.

And still waiting on a fix for home media. I have a workaround, but it is annoying to use.

Thank you.
29 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 still not recording properly

unusualpsycho
Character Actor
I've had this same problem for over a year now. It is always on an ABC channel for me. I have learned that if I do not watch within the first wee of the new episode airing, it will only get the last 3 minutes. It would be nice if someone from Dish actually responded to this.

DISH Employee
Can I have you Delete the Saved Timer and then manually recreate the timer for the show to see if this is a fix for the issue while our Tech Ops team works on a resolution?
To delete the Timer, press DVR, then go to Timers, Delete Timer. Instead of saving from PrimeTime Anytime, manually create the Timer from the Show listed in the Guide.

dflem29
Costume Designer
I have a new H3wS and have noticed a recording problem that I did not have with my previous HwS.

I was watching a delayed news show and wanted to record the time that was left, so I pressed the record button using remote 40.0 (did the same thing using the 52.0 remote). It said it was recording ('recording in progress') on the screen but nothing was actually showing up on the DVR screen as actually being saved! The actual program on the channel I was watching, that was delayed (up to an hour so there can be overlap), had changed to the next show on the programming guide.

Why can't a delayed show (in progress) be recorded since it is obviously in the memory of the DVR even though a new show was airing? It will work if the program airing has not changed on the guide.

DianeCox
Camera Crew
I’ ve had the same issue. I have been told by 2 or 3 customer service people that it is ABC’s issue due to copywrite issues. I don’t understand why my Hopper can’t record without issue but the other receivers still record without issue. I really want this to be resolved.

DISH Employee

Hi Diane, sorry to hear you are having problems with the DVR. Does this only happen on the ABC channel? Do you get any error messages? Is this a PrimeTime Anytime timer or was it setup through the guide? Thanks for the feedback.

DianeCox
Camera Crew
Hello. It does only happen on ABC shows. Set up through the guide, I guess. No error messages. I have even adjusted the timer to record an hour early and it still only records partial most of the time. And then I try to waych on demand but they are not available.

DISH Employee

Thanks for that info Diane we're trying to pin down what the issue could be. If you check the Daily schedule does it show it was skipped? Have you tried deleting the timer and setting a new one from the guide?

DianeCox
Camera Crew
It never shows skipped. Only records partial and the whole episode after. I have cancelled and reprorammed the shows. At this time it only does this to Grey’s Anatomy and the Good Doctor.

DISH Employee

I will forward this info to our tech department so they can look into it. Thanks so much for your patience.