cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Hopper 3 still not recording properly

goodwrench-3
Extra

This is still an issue. I am having this with Local Fox channel. Once a recording is two weeks old. When you choose to play the recording it will show the last three minutes of the show and then sometimes will play the next show or will ask to delete. This is quite annoying as sometime with travel it is not possible to watch the show within two weeks.  

Please provide an answer to this issue. 

DISH Employee

Is this happening on a recording that you have set up through PrimeTime Anytime or is this a manual timer?

Hannah
Character Actor
Mine is doing the same thing!!!

I am so close to canceling!

DISH Employee

Hi Hannah. What kind of recording issues are you having? Is the system only saving a portion of the recorded show?

DianeCox
Camera Crew
I don’t understand why this issue is not being fixed. I just had the new series, “A Million Little Things” only record the last 5 minutes. This is very aggrivating because now I have to go online and hope it is available on ABC on demand on my phone. It is not available on DishOnDemand. What is it going to take to fix? This has been going on since I “upgraded” to Hopper. Never had issues with older receivers not recording the whole show.

DISH Employee

Hello DianeCox! Is this the only show that is not recording the full episode? Does it record any error messages?

Hannah
Character Actor
I am having the same issues as everyone else on this thread....
Modern Family, A Million Little Things, The Good Doctor, Greys Anatomy, Last Man Standing, Single Parents, Splitting Up Together, and more!!! All it records is the last 3-5 mins of the episode and the entirety of the next show... there is no error message. I don’t know how I set up for it to record because it was months ago.
This has been going on erratically for over a year... 99% of the time we have to use the abc app on our Amazon Firestick... which makes Dish POINTLESS!!!!!

DISH Employee

Hannah, this certainly sounds like something we want to look into! Can you please send us a private message with your account information? You can go to https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039 for assistance on how to do so. 

DianeCox
Camera Crew

As mentioned in my first post and other posts about this issue in 4-2018, it is several channel 7 shows. Not just one. There is no error message. When I select to watch it, it shows that there is 1 hour recorded. Then when I start watching it, it is in the last 5 minutes of the show and either ends after that last 5 minutes of the show or continues to the show the show that aired after the one I record. Sometimes it will show 2 different shows that come on after the one I record on a regular basis and still says the name of the show that is in my scheduled timers. The minute guide at the bottom of the screen showing how much time has recorded and is left is inaccurate. It is very frustrating as I do not like to know how the show eneded until I watch the whole thing from beginning to end. What is more frustrating, is I end up watching the whole episode on my mobile phone on the ABC ap instead of my tv, which I am paying for DishNet to see these shows on my tv. It happens to Grey's Anatomy, A Million Little Things, The Good Dr and Quantico. It has also happened on other, but cannot remember which ones.

DISH Employee

It's certainly odd that this issue seems to only be happening on one channel, DianeCox! We would love the opportunity to review your account and see what we can do to try to fix this. Can you please send us a private message with your account information? You can go to https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039 for assistance on how to do so.