Hopper 3 still not recording properly

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper 3 still not recording properly

Jm
Character Actor

Yes, please fix!! I’m looking at this thread and I see no resolution.  It’s been going on for a long time.  Another show example is Designated Survivor.  It’s so annoying.  I have to resort to use the ABC app and watch on an iPad.

DISH Employee

JM, I will be happy to add you to the list given to our Tech Ops team with the people affected with this issue, so we can ensure your account is targeted with a resolution. Can you give me an example on what specifically is going on with your recordings, so I can submit this additional feedback to them?

unusualpsycho
Character Actor

I have not added anything since the very beginning so I thought I would add an update. Absolutely nothing has changed. The problem still exists and is still annoying. I have tried several different options for stopping the problem, but nothing has worked consistently. I say consistently because there has been two things that occasionally do work.

First, because I am aware of the potential to have the first 55 minutes of the show disappear, I usually avoid ever hitting YES when it asks if I want the hopper to skip commercials on ABC shows if the show has been on the DVR for more than 1 week. It seems as though I have better luck when I do that for the show to play properly. It is obviously not possible to know for sure if this is helping, but it seems like it is on occasion.

Second, if I have the ability to turn on the show but not the time to watch it, I will turn it on and fast forward through the entire episode. That marks it as viewed and then I leave it on the DVR to watch later. Whenever I have done this it has worked, but again there is no way to know for sure if the problem was going to happen to begin with.

DISH Employee

unusualpsycho, thank you for this information. If you do not access autohop and start the program as normal and manually skip through the commercials, do you see any of the recording missing? 

unusualpsycho
Character Actor

Sometimes is the best answer. I feel as though I have a better chance of the entire episode being there if I skip the autohop, but there have been times where it still only showed about the last 5 minutes. It is impossible to say if this actually works because there is really no way to test it. Even though it always happens to an ABC show, there does not seem to be any pattern to when or if it is going to happen.

Also, I didn't see this mentioned before, the DVR does not show a recording only about 5 minutes long. It still shows that the recording is a full hour, but it immediately shows the first 55 (roughly) minutes as viewed and will only play the remaining time. You are unable to rewind back beyond where it started playing the show. After the show is done it shows a full 1 hour as having been viewed and you can never play more than the 5 minutes it already allowed you to see.

A second item I have noticed, again only on occasion, is that it will not stop after the final 5 minutes of the show. It instead proceeds to show you the entire, or majority, of the show that followed the one you have recorded and are trying to watch.

DianeCox
Camera Crew

I also have had the same issues of a show I have finished watching and when I fast forward to delet it it continues to the next 1 or 2 shows after it and I do not even record those shows.

Jm
Character Actor

It’s what the other people are saying.  It’s only on certain channels ie. ABC for sure.  You go to the list of episodes and it looks like it’s all been recorded.  Says 1 hr.  But when you select it, the bar immediately comes up like you watched 55+ minutes and then plays the last 3-5 minutes.  So in reality, it only recorded 3-5 minutes.  

Highlighted

hoophead
Extra

Not meaning to hijack this post but could you tell me if software version U514 has shwn to be a problem? We had Hopper3 installed a couple days ago and am wondering if it has shown others  any problems.

Thank you in advance for your timely response!

DISH Employee

Hey, hoophead! U514 is an outdated Software Version. The Hopper 3's current Software Version's are U5.25 and
U5.22.

If your Hopper 3 is running U514, please let us know so we can get you instructions on getting that updated.

hoophead
Extra

Jess,

I updated to version 525 via diagnostics.

Thanks!