cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hopper 3 skipping set up record schedule

lperk1953
Extra

This past year we have had problems with our Hopper 3 not recording a program that we have set up to record new only. It was rare at first but now it’s happening often. I have tried reset. I have tried deleting the scheduled recording and setting up a new one. It still happens. It’s not the same channel. It has happened with different channels that are set to record. Any suggestions to fix this? 

Tags (3)
4 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 skipping set up record schedule

DISH Employee

lperk1953, I hate to hear this is happening! Have you noticed if the shows that are not recording have a "new" tag or are does the information for the programming show it is a re-run? 

lperk1953
Extra

It says new. My husband thinks it’s our hopper and we need a replacement receiver. 

DISH Employee

For this particular issue, you guys are not the only ones experiencing this. We have gotten a few reports from others that are having the same issue. Our Engineer Team has found that changing the timer from 'New' to 'Weekly' has been a work around for the time being while they get this kink fixed. 

tsunami2311
Costume Designer

its not the hopper 3, dish changed there guide provider like 2 years ago, and since the timers have no not been triggering  to record  cause provider is really bad. The name show could be exactly the same as timer you have but the timer would even see said programing as same show cause, A the thumbnail image is wrong or the description is broke/wrong in some way.

Dish has till my contract is up at which point we will switch to  spectrum if there guide/timer issue isnt fixed, I think 2 years is more then enough time for them to fix this issue, I mean seriously the timer has same exact name as show  listed in the guide yet it randomly dont see same show as same name and such dont even acknowledged it.

And no offense to the dish rep we would not have to change things to weekly to fix such things, which will not actual fix the problem that just cause another problem, were some time it see the show but guide will say the program in not available. Cause I have some show setup to be like and at that is exactly what happens  it will see the show in the timers schedule but it will say it no longer available and as such wont record even if restore it, which require new timer to just to record