cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hopper 3 shuts down every Sunday at 8 am

gdhutchinson
Costume Designer

For the last two weeks my hopper 3 shuts down automatically at 8 am on Sunday. Fix is to power down and let the hopper restart. What is the cause? Updates are set for 2 am so should not be a forced update.

Gary D Hutchinson
8 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 shuts down every Sunday at 8 am

DISH Employee

Hello, gdhutchinson. This is definitely an odd technical issue and I would be happy to find out what's causing it. Does this only seem to happen on Sunday mornings at 8am? Is there anything that is recording around 2am that could interfere with the update on Sunday morning? 

gdhutchinson
Costume Designer

The only automatic recordings are the prime time ones so nothing going on that would interfere with the 2 am refresh.

Started last Sunday, Aug 26, at 8 am ET. First indication was on my office TV connected to a wireless joey; picture froze then the interference screen came up (check for obstructions etc). no weather at the time. Tried main TV connected to the hopper 3 and nothing was displayed, no guide or anything would come up, powered down the hopper using the remote (no reboot) then powered back up. Starting hopper screen came up and went down twice, then acquiring signal but that only took about 10 seconds instead of 5 mins. Then live picture. Same thing happened yesterday moring at 8:15 AM. Same initial symptoms and same fix action. Noticed on menu screen lots of additional icons so looks like the software update has been working.

Gary D Hutchinson

DISH Employee

That does seem really odd. That seems way to far away from the nightly update for it to be causing the issue. Can you tell me what version your Hopper 3 is please? You can access that information by pressing your HOME button 3 times. 

gdhutchinson
Costume Designer

Not sure about the version. Hopper 3 R1947253606-06, software version U521 8/7/2018 5:51 am. I'm using the older remote, don't like the new small one and don't see a home button on it so just looked at the system info.

Gary D Hutchinson

DISH Employee

I do apologize, gdhutchinson. I meant to specify the software version. Thank you for providing that information! Your software looks good and up to date. Can I have you go back to that DISH Diagnostics page one more time please by pressing Menu twice. This time we're going to go to the History section. Can you tell me what is the number under Resets > Internal please? 

gdhutchinson
Costume Designer

Hopper 3  11 resets, wireless Joey office 30

Gary D Hutchinson

DISH Employee

Thank you. I am thinking that it may just be freezing; however, we don't have anything on special that happens on our receivers on Sunday to cause it. This may be a result of a bug in the software, so I will go ahead a submit a report to our Engineering team regarding this issue. I would like to add your account to this report. Can you send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN please? Can you also edit your message with your Receiver ID and delete those numbers starting with the letter R please? Since this is a public post we do want to make sure account specific detail are not shared. 

If you're not sure how to send a Private Message you can visit here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

gdhutchinson
Costume Designer

How do I edit a post

Gary D Hutchinson