Hopper 3 not available in my area

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 not available in my area

ironace
Extra
Thursday night I decided to upgrade from two 722Ks to a Hopper 3, Joey and a wireless Joey. The customer service person that I spoke to said it was no issue and set install date for today... So today comes and the installer calls to say that they will not be able to install today because the installer hurt their self an earlier install... I was bummed and while I know things happen I called dish to see if they would compensate me for the missed appointment. They are giving me $25 credit and the install is now set for tomorrow. While we were talking I asked to confirm the equipment that I was getting. They advised that I would be getting the Hopper with Sling and 2 Joeys.... I told them this is not what I was promised Thursday night and that I was not happy happy with the "bait and switch" The customer service person asked me to hold and he said that he would set it for me to get a Hopper 3, Joey and a wireless Joey. When he came back to the call he informed me that the Hopper 3 is [b:ihmbpg6n]not available in my area[/b:ihmbpg6n]. When I asked why he said something about the signal. I have been a dish customer since 1999 iand never had a signal issue. I am about 30 minutes west of Washington DC.

I find it hard to believe that there is a signal issue in my area and I am wondering if anyone knows the real reason... or if anyone has a Hopper 3 in my area and can advise me how they got it. As it stands now tomorrows install will be for a Hopper with sling a supper Joey and a wireless Joey
4 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 not available in my area

Community Manager
Community Manager
Can you send me a private message with your account number and four digit security code?

ironace
Extra
PM send Chris

scotar
Audio Engineer
I see occasionally on here. Why are they telling some people this?

stile99
Cinematographer
scotar wrote:
I see occasionally on here. Why are they telling some people this?

That's been discussed, right here in this very forum.

[url:2uavcn47]https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20945[/url:2uavcn47]

Apparently one big possible roadblock is if you have international programming, or even if Dish just thinks you do.