Hopper 3 not available in my area

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 not available in my area

Atoyot1031
Extra
Don't have a clue why. Have been told it is not "allowed" in my area. Not allowed by whom no one can tell me. I have been told it is due to "low beam". In my area, but again, no one knows what that means.

We are moving back into our home after being out of it for almost a year for construction of a new home. If I can't get the Hopper 3 and associated Joeys, Xfinity's offers sound better.

Can anyone help?
Thx!
5 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 not available in my area

DISH Employee
The Hopper 3 does require a certain orbital and signal requirement. To review your account, please relay a private message of your account/phone and 4 digit PIN, along with your the address of the home you are moving back into.

Atoyot1031
Extra
PM sent

Atoyot1031
Extra
Any update?

stile99
Cinematographer
Atoyot1031 wrote:
Any update?

The schedules post hasn't been updated with Katy's schedule information, but these are real people, not robots. You need to give them time to receive the message, do whatever research needs to be done, and get back with you. Definitely more than 9 hours. If Katy's days off are Wednesday and Thursday, you're not getting a reply today either.

KevinFitz
Extra
For almost a year Dish told me I couldn't upgrade to the Hopper 3 due to my current programming. Didn't make sense since my neighbor had a H3 with the exact same programming. Turns out Dish had me down as having International programming (something I've never had in the 14 years I've had Dish). I found this out when I insisted they send a technician out to determine why I couldn't upgrade to the H3. I have had the H3 now for about 2 weeks. While there are some nice features - there are MANY BUGS with the software, and features that were available with the Hopper/Sling are not available in the H3. For example: No 4X fast forwarding (15X, 60X and 300X only). You cannot pause a recording in progress and move to another device (say, a Joey) and pick up where you paused. Dish says this is not a bug (what is it then? a feature? - it sucks!) Joining a program in progress on a Joey does not work (using TV Activity function). Many other things will cause the H3 to stop playing video and sound - and I haven't been able to determine why this keeps happening. Many bugs with the Timers. I don't think manual timers work at all. Some timers that should record a program don't (way, a weekly timer for the same show that plays at the same day/time every week). Hopefully the Dish developers will get their act together and fix this stuff.