Hopper 3 new bug: not properly showing progress in DVR screen

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 new bug: not properly showing progress in DVR screen

Major Havoc
Cinematographer

I just noticed a new bug on the Hopper that I do not recall seeing before. 

When I press DVR, and then select a program, I see one or more episodes for that program. Next to each episode is a green progress bar that shows how much of that episode I have watched. 

Tonight, I partially watched 60 minutes on CBS (about 40 minutes worth) as well as the last Doctor Who on BBC America about half way through.

When I went back later to continue the show, and brought up the DVR screen and then the episode, the green bar showed "full green" which would indicate that I had watched the entire episode. I had not. The same thing happened on both shows.  

Regardless of the green bar, the episode plays just fine, and the progress bar at the top of the scree while playing works just fine. 

Not watched shows properly show 0% in a gray bar. Shows only watched a little, properly show a small green bar. But at some point, the bar fills all the way up even though I have not watched the entire show.

13 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 new bug: not properly showing progress in DVR screen

prplchkj
Camera Crew

You're not imagining things. It is a regression error because the system did work correctly. I've also noticed this problem if I hit info while watching a show. It will initially show an invalid progress bar but after a few seconds it updates to the correct state.

Major Havoc
Cinematographer

Thanks. I noticed the other error as well, but thought I would keep this to one error as I think they are related. 

Cheers

DISH Employee

I will definitely send this feedback to our Engineers to look into. When was the first time that you noticed this issue with the progress bar? Is this happening on only the Hopper3 or have you noticed it on any Joeys?

prplchkj
Camera Crew

I think I noticed around August. I was focused on something else and didn't really note the time.  But it definitely happens on my Joeys as well.

DISH Employee

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Feedback like yours helps us get these bugs corrected!

peggyrh
Casting Director
Been happening on my Joey's & Hopper since at least August, hard to know when programs have been watched - very unreliable.
Highlighted

Major Havoc
Cinematographer

To be honest, I just saw it recently , like the last week or so. That does not mean t was not there, but this was the first time in a while that I did not finish what I was watching. 

DISH Employee

We'll get this information added to the report! Thanks!

prplchkj
Camera Crew

I reported this issue on October of 2018. I am still seeing the issue. Is ther an update?  FYI, both the DVR progress bars show the same problem.  I'm referring to the one you see under the show icon when you hit the info button while watching, and the one you see when you're looking at the list of recordings.  This worked fine when I first got the Hopper 3.

I'm currently running 

U535 4/24/2019, 11:53 AM