Hopper 3 in Hawaii?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 in Hawaii?

timmymao
Extra
Is the Hopper 3 available for Hawaii? Dishtv.us says no but other sites say yes. My recent installation came with a Hopper Sling and the 3 tuners is a letdown when 2 or more are watching.
Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 in Hawaii?

DISH Employee
I was unable to locate if Hawaii is considered a low beam area which wouldn't be compatible with our current hybrid LNB. What satellites are you receiving currently? You can also send me a PM with the account or phone # and 4-digit pin, and I can see if I run into a snag setting up the H3 upgrade.

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
It seems to me that if the Hopper w/Sling is working well, a Hopper 3 should also work. It might need a DPH42 switch instead of a DPH LNB so the existing dish configuration can be used if it's not a standard 1000.2 setup.

timmymao
Extra
Tommy F. wrote:
I was unable to locate if Hawaii is considered a low beam area which wouldn't be compatible with our current hybrid LNB. What satellites are you receiving currently? You can also send me a PM with the account or phone # and 4-digit pin, and I can see if I run into a snag setting up the H3 upgrade.

Thanks for the reply. I sent you a PM with the account info. Currently, the receiver can pick up Satellites 110 119 129 with a signal strength of about 72.