Hopper 3 down/Dish Chat Techs No Help

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 down/Dish Chat Techs No Help

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
Since my H3 updated to U500 a couple nights ago, my Dish service has been virtually useless to me. I cannot create timers - I get the "reached the limit" (041) message, even though I have few than 170 timers and 199 has been the limit for as long as I can remember.

And an almost bigger problem is that EVERY single recording (from existing timers) that has happened since the update has been "segmented" - in 6 to as many as 15 "pieces". Ever try watching a 1 hour recording in 15 pieces, each no matter than a few minutes??

Reboots, unplugging for 10 mins, and Factory Reset has been of no help.

So the "tech" person wants to "take this to the engineering people" while I have (for all practical purposes) no usable service. We are left now with NetFlix and DVDs to watch.

I may as well start talking with DirecTV I guess......
2 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 down/Dish Chat Techs No Help

stile99
Cinematographer
I believe in one of the other two threads you started about this exact issue, you had said you were going to try the partial reset as suggested. Since you've started a third, is one to assume this had no effect?

Re: Hopper 3 down/Dish Chat Techs No Help

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
stile99 wrote:
I believe in one of the other two threads you started about this exact issue, you had said you were going to try the partial reset as suggested. Since you've started a third, is one to assume this had no effect?

yes - thank you - i spend too much time losing sleep over this stuff......lost track and didnt realize i started multiple threads. Yes, I did try the partial reset.
A full day after that, the problem appeared to just "go away" - recordings were all normal (not "segmented") and I was able to create timers again. But Monday afternoon & evening, it all started happening again.
Today (Tuesday) everything is working fine once again - so far. Not a single glitch.
It would seem that if this was indeed a "software issue" (as Dish want to "investigate") it wouldn't come and go like this.

I still think it points to a piece of hardware gone flaky.