Hopper 3 banners

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 banners

nitrobob
Character Actor

Recently, the Hopper started displaying its connection info banner on the top of the screen. It is the banner that displays the HDMI connection, the tuner in use, the resolution, and the audio format. on a chennel change, this is acceptable but lately it displays about every 90 seconds. In the evening, it`s every 15 seconds. Very annoying. I can find no setting to turn them off

6 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 banners

DISH Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue, are you seeing an error code in the upper right hand corner of this banner? Also, if you press Menu/Home or Guide, does the banner still show on the screen? This should give us some more information about why you are seeing that banner so frequently. 

nitrobob
Character Actor

There is no error code.  The banner is displayed across the total top of the screen. Line one has the input icon, the hdmi connection to the tv, HDMI2, the Hopper tuner being used, Tuner1, and Dish Hopper in parens. Line 2 has 1080i | HD | 16.9 | Dolby Digital | Stereo on the left and the time on the right side. I`ve noticed today that it pops up on the change to a commercial, again if a second commercial is tagged and again when back to the program. It is more active later in the evening. I might only see it 6 times during the day. After 10PM it happens on almost every commercial. I have the 54.0 remote.I will try the Home/menu tonight.

Thanks for the response

nitrobob
Character Actor

Tonight I hit the Home button while tne banner was displayed. The menu  tabs were displayed under the banner which was semi-transparent. The banner stayed on screen for approx. 15 seconds.

DISH Employee

That's definitely a TV popup, can you double-check your HDMI cable connecting your box to the TV to make sure it's connected firmly and not wiggling? The TV we have here does the same thing when the input button is pressed, it brings up a semi-transparent banner at the top of the screen with the list of inputs.

nitrobob
Character Actor

PhoenixM,

I reseated the HDMI cable and even replaced it with a new one. I still get the banner popping up on every commercial and during the program. Is it your opinion that it is the tv or the hopper. Level 2 support from Sony blames the STB as the cause. It is very annoying.

Highlighted

DISH Employee

As that message is from the TV, it is not something that the Hopper itself would be able to cause. Have you checked to see if the Input or Source button on the TV itself may be stuck slightly, causing the banner to come up intermittently?