Hopper 3 and TV Turn On at 1:30am 7 days in a row!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 and TV Turn On at 1:30am 7 days in a row!

Miller8585
Extra
Hi, about three weeks after getting my upgraded Hopper 3 system, every night, without fail, my Hopper and my TV turn on at 1:30 in the morning!! I've called Dish three times and all they are telling me is that someone is working on it. The only way to tell when it's fixed is to keep turning it off normally (both tv and hopper off) and waiting to see if it comes on. Really? Try telling that to your kids when the tv comes on at night.

We are trying to remember to mute the tv before we go to sleep and fortunately it stays muted, however, sometimes we forget.

There isn't an option to change the reboot time like the older receivers.

Can anyone help get us some sleep? Completely disappointed in Dish support, after 18 years I'm going to finish my contract and say adios. There are too many other options in the market.

Thank you.
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hopper 3 and TV Turn On at 1:30am 7 days in a row!

stile99
Cinematographer

Sounds like your TV has a setting that lets it turn on when a connected device does. This seems to be different with each TV, Samsung calls it Anynet+. The more common name is HDMI-CEC. Easiest solution would just be to disable it. Couldn't really go into further options without knowing the make and model of the TV. You can also try turning it off at the Hopper.

https://www.howtogeek.com/207186/how-to-enable-hdmi-cec-on-your-tv-and-why-you-should/

2 Replies

stile99
Cinematographer

Sounds like your TV has a setting that lets it turn on when a connected device does. This seems to be different with each TV, Samsung calls it Anynet+. The more common name is HDMI-CEC. Easiest solution would just be to disable it. Couldn't really go into further options without knowing the make and model of the TV. You can also try turning it off at the Hopper.

https://www.howtogeek.com/207186/how-to-enable-hdmi-cec-on-your-tv-and-why-you-should/

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Start easy. Turn HDMI CEC off through the receiver settings. You’ll need to do it at each tv. I believe it is in the remote menu.