Hopper 3 and Joey 3 won't download software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 and Joey 3 won't download software

smcb
Extra

So, I just got my new hopper 3 installed today.  It is working beautifully!

I also have two Joey 3 receivers that also went in (replacing my old Hopper with sling and original joeys).

The Joeys were able to connect and are linked to the hopper, but they just get stuck on the screen "waiting to download software".  The installation tech said it could take up to 2 hours, but it is now 10 hours later and nothing.

Any suggestions how to get them to download the latest software?

9 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 and Joey 3 won't download software

smcb
Extra

good news, one of the joeys updated overnight.  but the other one seems to be having issues. 

Chadt4141
Casting Director

Give it time. The other will update as well.

Doubletop
Extra

Have your joeys downloaded their software yet, if not if you know how to get to the system info on your hopper you can check to see if the hopper has available joey software. You can always call customer service and they can talk you through that check, and if needed they can setup a service call

ld2
Camera Crew

They will *NOT* set up a service call for this kind of problem.  My Hopper 3 has not done a software upgrade since April, 2017.  The "Manage My Account" functionality has now stopped working due to the lack up upgrades.  That, and my attempts to get the Dish Software to upgrade are described here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/At-Home/Software-Will-Not-Upgrade-several-months/td-p/11887

DISH Employee

Id2, could you send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so that I can access your account?

ld2
Camera Crew

Yes.  Please give me a minute to figure out how to send a PM here.

ld2
Camera Crew

Please post instructions on how to send you a PM.  I can't do that from this page, or from your profile page.

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Have you clicked on the download software in the menus?

ld2
Camera Crew

Yes.  You can read the details in the relevant post I linked to.