Hopper 3 and Hopper 2 on same account

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 and Hopper 2 on same account

DVStryker
Extra

I just upgraded my system to the Hopper 3. My old system was a hopper2 with sling an additiomal hopper and 3 Joeys. I really liked having two main receivers. My current set up now is one hopper 3 1 wireless joey and 3 new joeys. Is it possible to remove one joey and get another hopper 3 in my master bedroom. The tech wouldn't even consider it nor call to see if he could. (He was a 3rd party authorized Dish contractor. No markings on his truck except a polo shirt with the dish logo. ) so can I do this change? And if not why? When I had a two main recieved hook up before. Also I have stayed with dish because they have always employed their own techs with marked trucks. Now I'm weary they are going down hill. Direct may contract techs through Mastec but at least their trucks and uniforms are still marked with direct tv as well as ATT now. What's the deal with this? From Texas.

4 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 and Hopper 2 on same account

Chadt4141
Casting Director
You can do this with a DPH 42 switch and a purchased H3.

Dish has always contracted out, in addition to using their own in house techs(DNS). Especially with growing markets.

One thing aboutbDush, is they stand behind any techs they send out, whether a DNS tech, Retailer, orcontractor.

coreyclark
Extra
Im about through with it all , i was told dish has 4k broadcast , they do NOT !!! Only a special event , some sports , ETC , the rest are 1080 HD , i am having issues with one hopper changing to SD on clear day, tech out had dish on truck , tested and said tree could be in way , NOT !! Bought a new 4k tv , was told i could change one hopper to the 3 , so paid $106 to get them out , i moved dish to another very clear spot , tech came and realined dish , but he says i waisted $$ on hopper 3 cause there are was no deference, some live events , sports ETC , i let him go , few clouds , no rain , 4 hrs later with same hopper SD switched auto again , so im soending $15 more a month, waisted $106 for a hopper 3 and tech said to keep hopper 3 , BAM

Chadt4141
Casting Director
There are very few 4K events in general right now. There are no channels that offer 4K, however Dish just announced a partnership with Epix for a much larger 4K VOD library. Every month more and more things are played on the 4K channels on Dish, but Dish and DTV have the most 4K content out of any provider out there so far. The content has to exist at a reasonable price before it can start being offered. This is as good as it gets right now.

DVStryker
Extra
I would call CS and see if they will credit your money back. Sometimes they will to keep you happy. As for the 4k programming I too was disappointed that the 4k channels have no programming. But Netflix has some 4k programming as well as if you look on demand you can find a few like BBC America programs. All in all no one turkey has 4k programs except maybe some football games. I would imagine that as more and more programs come out with 4k the providers will be able to purchase channels that offer it at a reasonable price without raising our prices.