Hopper 3 VOD

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 VOD

gdhutchinson
Costume Designer
I was advised by technical customer service yesterday that I needed to leave bridging turned off in order to have VOD service on the main hopper. Was told a fix was in the works. Anyone know when this will be fixed? Would like to be able to use the joey to watch VOD like before the upgrade to this #$!$!!! hopper 3,
21 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 VOD

What is going on with VOD? Bridging only shares IP connectivity to devices (Joeys) in the MoCA network. How long have you had this Hopper?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

gdhutchinson
Costume Designer
Hooper was installed last week. With bridging on joeys were not able to show VOD including history channel (120). also VOD on the main hopper was intermittent and would show errors 75,76 and 77 indicating some problem connecting to the VOD server. With bridging turned off VOD works fine on the hopper but now the joeys don't have an internet connection. The previous hopper worked great on the same home network so nothing changed. Internet test from the status screen show good connectivity. Advanced customer service rep told me this was a know problem and I would need to leave bridging turned off in order to watch VOD on the main hopper.

Bridging would need to be enabled for the Joeys to view VOD. How is the Hopper connected to your internet? Have you tried resetting the connection or making sure you are not connected to a Guest network?

gdhutchinson
Costume Designer
I understand that bridging needs to be enabled for the joeys to receive VOD. I was told by the Dish technical rep that the hopper 3 had a problem and to turn off bridging so I could watch VOD on the hopper. Network was not changed from the setup for the old hopper and worked for over two years with no issues. I'm trying to find out if anyone else has this problem and has been told the same thing by Dish. I received an email from Dish CS yesterday that stated they are working on the problem and have NO estimated date for the fix.

The KI we have is that the Joeys we have are not able to access the network even with bridging enabled. Have you tried disabling bridging for 2-5 minutes and then enabling it again and testing?

gdhutchinson
Costume Designer
in order to get VOD working on the hopper 3 the rep had me turn off bridging and then wait five minutes then try VOD again on the hopper This worked and I have not tried going back to bridging will try that now.

Let us know what happens!

gdhutchinson
Costume Designer
With bridging enabled joey show internet connection but when VOD is selected I get an attention error 145, specific error code 75 (no connection to server HTTP error); also I lose VOD on the hopper with an error code of 789a that states no internet connection. Check status of the internet shows good. Turned bridging off, waited 5 mins, tried VOD no luck, same error code 789a.
Reset hopper (hard reset) VOD is back with bridging off.

Do you have any of the Joeys connected straight to the internet with an ethernet cable?