Hopper 3/Schedule

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3/Schedule

utdubob
Camera Crew

When I select DVR, and then select the 'Schedule' tab, I am presented with a list of programs.  The list includes shows I have already watched and shows that will be recorded in the future.  On my list, the very top of the list is completed (watched) shows all the way back to the very first show I recorded.  It and most of the shows below that show a green circle with a check mark in it, indicating that I have watched them.

I would like to remove them from the 'Schedule' tab list as I consider them as clutter and have no useful purpose for me.  I called the Customer Service phone number and the agent I talked to didn't have a solution to this issue.  I thought maybe, if there actually is a solution, that the communities forum might be the place to find an answer and the agent agreed.

So do any of you have knowledge on how completed shows can be permanently removed from the 'Schedule' tab list?  I've already tried to highlight a completed show and then select 'Options' looking for a 'Delete' button - nada.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hopper 3/Schedule

DISH Employee

Hello utdubob! Unfortunately, you are not able to delete anything from the scheduled tab. That tab provides you with a daily break down of what has been recorded, and what is to be recorded. The red check mark means will be recorded, and the green check mark means recorded successfully. 

7 Replies

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
The schedule tab just shows if it has been recorded or not or if it will record.

The green check doesn’t mean you have watched it. It means you have recorded it. You cannot delete something that has passed. You can from the dVr page but that is it. They wouldn’t be able to tell you how to delete past events from the schedule tab, because you cannot.

8balljimmy
Costume Designer

not sure if this will help.. if you go into timers and select the one to delete it wiil take it out of schedule.. if you have any thing already watch select it and hit recall button it moves it to trash as far as shows showing up  that already watch in the schedule  dont know that answer  mine does not do that or have a check mark of green 

DISH Employee

Hello utdubob! Unfortunately, you are not able to delete anything from the scheduled tab. That tab provides you with a daily break down of what has been recorded, and what is to be recorded. The red check mark means will be recorded, and the green check mark means recorded successfully. 

utdubob
Camera Crew

@SadedraJ wrote:

Unfortunately, you are not able to delete anything from the scheduled tab.

That is, indeed, unfortunate. I can't see any useful purpose in keeping a list of recordings that have been watched and deleted from the DVR and or TRASH. Just out of curiosity, how far back in time will these past recordings remain on the SCHEDULE list?

DISH Employee

It should be a couple of days. I've seen it up to 4 days. This is a great suggest we can pass along to our Engineer Team! If you have any other feedback or suggestions, feel free to reach back out. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
It is not the recordings. It is merely the timer. It doesn’t take up any data off your user partition on the hard drive.

utdubob
Camera Crew
My Hopper 3 shows everything I've recorded since Dec 7. That is the first day I recorded anything. And regardless of not using any disk space, it is STILL useless clutter IMHO.