Hopper 3: Recording New separately from Reruns

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3: Recording New separately from Reruns

jimgreen1972
Camera Crew
is there a way to separately record New recordings with a limit of say 5 into 1 folder, with a timer event, and a slew of recording in another folder and keep like a rolling 20..

Take the Simpsons for example.. I want to record and save off the new ones in one folder, but have another folder of repeats that keep a rolling 20 without interfering with the New episodes... ? :shock:

does that make sense?
5 Replies

Re: Hopper 3: Recording New separately from Reruns

Chadt41411
Casting Director
If you set up a new timer for Fox and new episodes, and a new and rerun on FX(FXX) then you can do as you desire.

jimgreen1972
Camera Crew
I gues im missing on how I set up a different timer for FOX compared to FXX, as it seems to do just a generic Simpmpsons from multi channels ?

RickObe
Visual Engineer
Find it in the guide on FOX and set up a timer from there. The timer will list the station being recorded. Then find it in the guide on FXX and set up another timer. That timer will list FXX as the station. Then make the timers New or New and Rerun as desired. The timers will only record for the station that they are set up for.

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
I know of no way to record ONLY "reruns" if that's what you are trying to do - the options are either "Only New" or "New AND Reruns"

Chadt41411
Casting Director
It's new and reruns. Simpsons will not have a new episode on FXX so you can set that timer with no worries.