Hopper 3 OTA install question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper 3 OTA install question

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Honestly, I can’t think of a single reason that is valid. The only thing I could think of is if it were UHF or VHF, but that’s not a good argument at all.

dlmcwilliams
Camera Crew

Hi dlmcwilliams,

Chadt4141 (Visual Engineer) posted a new reply in At Home on 02-23-2018 12:47 PM :

Honestly, I can’t think of a single reason that is valid. The only thing I could think of is if it were UHF or VHF, but that’s not a good argument at all.

Chad, I think that it is a UHF channel. I am definitely not the expert here, but does that mean that the Dish receiver isn't programmed to pick up UHF?? Maybe the programmers are hopefully working on that right now. I have just been doing a rescan every once in awhile hoping that the ABC channels will eventually show up. I can just for now, watch my 2 favorite shows on ABC over the Internet or unhook the dish receiver and use the OTA antenna to pull in my shows, but then I wouldn't be able to record them, and hope that someday this problem is solved. Maybe the next hopper will be programmed to pick up UHF.

We still love dish!

dlmcwilliams
Camera Crew

Dish Network Dish Pro Plus Triplexer (ES175284)

Brand: DISH Network           P\N: ES175284    

https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=ES175284&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=es175284&...

Do you think I could use a splitter somehow so I could at least switch back and forth between dish and the ota antenna, would not be able to record from the ota antenna but would at least be able to watch abc channels without having to completely unhooking dish and hooking up ota then switching everything back again.

dlmcwilliams
Camera Crew

or maybe this two switch splitter

https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=ES5025

dlmcwilliams
Camera Crew

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Post at satelliteguys.us and they should be able to answer you 1000x better than me. You’ll learn all kinds of new information that way.

jmabro
Extra
Deb, and anyone else who cares. I to live in Erie. I noticed channnel 24 has weakened their signal strength as of spring of 2017. I noticed this when I purchased the new dual OTA tuner from DISH. It could not lock channel 24 which needs at least 70 on the signal strength meter. I hooked up my single tuner and can not get more than a 64 weak showing in the red on the meter. COZI TV was recently added at 24.4 and I have resorted to getting a PVR recording converter box and using that to record COZI programs. FYI I have a outdoor antenna mounted on my roof and receive Buffalo and Canadian channels(weather permitting). Also noticed a drop in channel 12 and 54 signal strength. I have emailed the station and Times News with no reply. Wish DISH would add METV, COZI and other sub channels. Sick of screwing around with antennas and I need a new roof soon. Never want to go back. Streaming is the hopeful future.

DISH Employee

Before I worked for DISH, I personally used an OTA. I was close enough to get my locals.  Picture was fine all day. Then every night about 11 pm I would lose signal. Doing some research, I learned that my local stations were turning down the broadcast signal nightly to save money when less people were watching TV.  Not sure why your local stations are lowering signal strength, but they would be the ones to answer that question.