Hopper 3 OTA install question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 OTA install question

dlmcwilliams
Camera Crew

Hopper 3 with joey. Had Dish install OTA antenna which will pick up all channels except ABC. Any fixes?

17 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 OTA install question

Chadt4141
Associate Producer

Go to antennaweb.org and see if the antenna they installed for you will get that channel. That website will tell you what channels you’ll get with each type of antenna.

Highlighted

dlmcwilliams
Camera Crew
 Up to 21 channels from 8 over-the-air stations may be received at this location.
Print Stations Table Map 
Stations Antenna FCC Repack
WQLN-DT 54.1 PBS 
RF Channel: 50 
5 miles at 200°
 Yellow   WSEE-DT 35.1 CBS 
RF Channel: 16 
4 miles at 157°
 Yellow   WICU-DT 12.1 NBC 
RF Channel: 12 
4 miles at 157°
 Yellow   WJET-DT 24.1 ABC 
RF Channel: 24 
5 miles at 202°
 Yellow   WFXP-DT 66.1 FOX 
RF Channel: 22 
5 miles at 202°
 Yellow   WLEP-LD 9.2 IND 
RF Channel: 43 
5 miles at 197°
 Yellow   W48CH TBN 
RF Channel: 48 
5 miles at 198°

dlmcwilliams
Camera Crew

Hi Chad,

They didn't tell me what antenna they installed.

Chadt4141
Associate Producer

Not necessarily brand, just if it is an indoor, outdoor, range, etc.

dlmcwilliams
Camera Crew

It is an outdoor antenna. They didn't give me any details, but it does get all the other local channels except abc which is in the same area as 35 (cbs) and 54 (wqln), both about 5 miles away from our address.

Chadt4141
Associate Producer

I know you likely already answered this, but just to clarify, you do get the Fox channel oTA? If you plug the antenna directly into the TV, does it scan in ABC? Can you rescan on He Hopper?

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

As Chad suggested, plug the antenna co-ax directly into the TV 'ant in'. With TV remote, change 'input' to TV antenna. Go to 'menu', look for and do a 'channel scan'. When complete, look to see what channels were loaded.  Is the missing channel there? Is the missing channel broadcast from the same transmission tower as the other channels? Or on a nearby tower? 

dlmcwilliams
Camera Crew

I did plug the OTA antenna into the tv and was able to pull in 24-3,4,5,6. Then I plugged back in the dish and did a rescan and still was not able to pull in  the abc channels. So, it looks like the OTA antenna is doing its job but there is some kind of glitch on the dish side. What do we have to do to fix this?

Thanks

dlmcwilliams
Camera Crew

Chad,

Yes, I do get Fox 66-1,2,3 through the hopper. It must be a glitch on the dish side, my getting everything but ABC, right?  I can get 24-3,4,5,6 when I unhook the dish receiver and just go through the OTA antenna. Do you see any solution in the near future?

Thanks

Debbie