Hopper 3 Guide/Schedule Issue as of today

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 Guide/Schedule Issue as of today

rbhayes
Camera Crew
Up until this evening I could look ahead in the guide for @ 8 days and see what timers are scheduled for the same period under schedule.This evening I went to look at the guide to look ahead 8 days and it will only go out as far as Friday Sep 15 at 7:30 PM EDT. Same for the schedule have been looking every night to see what shows are starting up again for the Fall, so I know this was working as late as this morning.

Tried using Diag/Tools to reset the Hopper 3 - no change. Then unplugged it and still no change.

U502 as of 8/30
11 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 Guide/Schedule Issue as of today

nabuch
Camera Crew
I was going to post about this myself. On Tuesday I could get through the following Weds., as of yesterday and today I can only get through tomorrow, actually I'm not sure it even goes through all of tomorrow (Fri.). I did a system reset and nothing. DISH better get their act together and quit doing updates that ruin everything like OTA recording and now this. Why don't they get smart and redo the last update before the Aug. 30th one?

rbhayes
Camera Crew
FYI - called DISH Customer Support this morning after watching the guide download 3 times over an hour. Was told that this is a known issue and has been forwarded to the engineering dept - others are calling in with the same issue.

We did recently notice this issue only on Eastern arc installs and this is bring investigated further. Are there non-Hoppers that are having this issue?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

rbhayes
Camera Crew
Appears to be on other devices as well, according to a post on this the thread below on satelliteguys.

https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thread ... st-4121715

stile99
Cinematographer
nabuch wrote:
Why don't they get smart and redo the last update before the Aug. 30th one?

And go back to the home media bug, and the other bugs corrected by this update? In what sense would this be getting smart?

nabuch
Camera Crew
No one has said this, but after Friday and it not being fixed, you would not be able to record anything and no primetime either.

nabuch wrote:
No one has said this, but after Friday and it not being fixed, you would not be able to record anything and no primetime either.

This should be fixed now. Reset your receiver or run a check switch test. Or wait for the nightly update
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

rbhayes
Camera Crew
Fixed! Did not have to reset or do a check switch - just went to the guide and it now shows out to 9/22 at 7 AM.

stile99
Cinematographer
And this is why going forward (fixing the problem) will ALWAYS be smarter than going backward.