cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 DVR recording playback jittery

Voksbug
Extra

Hello,

Over the last few weeks my Hopper 3 (1.5 years old) has started to have issues when playing shows previously recorded with the DVR.  The picture is horrible.  In fast and slow moving scenes I get parallel lines across the screen and the movement within the video is jittery.  It is enough to make you nauseous.  Live shows display perfectly, so it is not the hdmi connection (although I changed cables just in case).  Interestingly, If I restart the Hopper 3, DVR recording playback is smooth for a day or so, but the problem comes back.  I'm very tired of restarting the Hopper.

13 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 DVR recording playback jittery

Community Manager
Community Manager

Double check and make sure you're getting a good signal. 

With your remote, press [HOME] > [HOME] > [HOME] > Status > Check Status > Yes.

All of your satellites should be in green.

If so, try resetting your receiver by unplugging it from power completely for 10 seconds before plugging it back in. Avoid using the red reset button if you can.   

bmahoney007
Character Actor

I just started experiencing this issue with my Hopper 3 as well. I tried a reset, but no success. The dianostics look okay. Not sure how to fix this.

DISH Employee

Hi bmahoney007. Have you noticed any other issues with your DVR functions, like error messages when trying to pause or rewind?

bmahoney007
Character Actor

Yes, the playback is jittery for multiple DVR recordings and Netflix which seems to indicate it is the receiver hardware. I tried changing the display to 720p and this did not fix the issue. I disconnected the power for 10 minutes and restarted with no fix to the issue.

DISH Employee

I see! Have you received any error messages when trying to play recordings, access DVR content, pause, play, etc..? If so do you happen to know what the specific error code for the message is?

bmahoney007
Character Actor

There are no error mesages. Playback is jittery and there is no sound for either sat TV, Netflix, or past DVR recordings. Playback was fine this morning. Upon return from lunch today, the receiver started this behavior.

DISH Employee

Thank you for the information. Have you been able to try out a new HDMI cable? 

bmahoney007
Character Actor

No. I highly doubt it is the HDMI cable as it is shielded and unmovable and I cannot easily replace it as it is a 20-30 ft cable from my AV closet to the TV.

DISH Employee

Are you seeing this issue on a Joey? Have you seen any hard drive errors occur recently?