Hopper 3 Constantly Rebooting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hopper 3 Constantly Rebooting

Spart
Character Actor

Well no luck, did the partial reset and didn't help. Still getting several reboots a day

DISH Employee

Spart, can you please send me a Private Message with the phone number and the 4 digit PIN on your account so that I can access your account to assist you further?

Rlaird2016
Extra
Have you been able to get this problem resolved. As we are experiencing the same with no luck

Spart
Character Actor

No actually I wasn't. I talked to several different support people, all with different solutions and the only thing that worked was replacing the receiver which I was hoping not to do, but Dish has mad transfering all your recordings and timers, and preferences way easier now. Make sure when you do that the method you use involves using the remote. You'll be amazed at how easy it is now. Hope this helps

Highlighted

Ttg
Extra

My hopper was constantly rebooting at inopportune times. I had it setup to download and reboot at 1:00 am. Additionally, it would consistently reboot 2 or 3 times between 6:30 am and 8:00 am when we were trying to watch the morning news. It is very annoying and aggravating. 3 calls and 3 different diagnosis of the potential issue. None of the tests resolved the problem. Requested replacement hopper. I had to pay to have it shipped to me which doesn’t bode well for Dish in my opinion. The new hopper is doing the same thing. Only set it up 2 days ago and already having the same problem. This has to be an issue with the programming or the hardware. Definitely seems to be a Dish problem by the number of complaints regarding the same issue. 

I have been a Dish customer for many, many years. Always felt they were a step above others until this. Seems R&D department needs to put some extra time into a permanent fix instead of having the customers troubleshooting with no resolution.  Might be time to give my money to another service.

EdGianini
Costume Designer

My Hopper 3 does same thing, I got it 4 months ago .. It gets stuck wont allow to move saved programs , wont allow to record programs, many little things dont work, UNLESS i pull the plug and reboot . I have to do this every day. I agree calling Customer service is useless, and after waiting on hold for 20 -45 minutes I get an idiot.. Offering NO help. I like the reciever but would like it better if it worked like intended All The TIME.

EdGianini
Costume Designer

You should NOT have to do that.. EVER

DISH Employee

This is definitely not the experience that we would want you to have with our Hopper, EdGianini. We would be happy to take a look and see what we may need to do to get a fix in place for you. Feel free to send us a Private Message so we can look into this together. 

To send a Private Message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039