Hopper 3 Background colors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 Background colors

amwoolf
Costume Designer
Just upgraded to Hopper 3 and having difficulty reading program guide and "info" information on screen. I know this is not a bug but the color schemes implemented (grey background) make it difficult to read. The VIP722K receiver we previously had was wonderful but I don't remember the color scheme it had. I realize this is not a "bug" but something that affects us and probably other "older" Dish users who have had cataract surgery. This surgery provides great clarity for eyesight but does have affect diminishing contrast so with a darker background it makes it harder to read the information on the screen. It would be nice if Dish would provide the same background currently found in the VIP722K receiver as an option on the Hopper 3. I know this can't happen quickly but it would be a nice future upgrade. Thanks.
5 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 Background colors

DISH Employee
Thanks for the information and when you select Guide> Options> Guide Appearance. Have you set it to the best possible settings for your viewing?

amwoolf
Costume Designer
Yes. Only 2 settings Classic and Modern. Classis makes the program guide a little easier to view but the actual program information is on the right side of the screen and this still has the grey background. And when just using the "Info" button to obtain info about the program playing this has the grey background and can't be changed. So, repeating myself, would be nice to be able to have the old color schemes back at some time. Can this be given to Dish to consider? Thanks.

amwoolf
Costume Designer
The Features Guide that I was given when the Hopper 3 was installed says I can choose between Default, Dark, and Light themes. However, the software only provides for "Modern" and "Classic" themes. I don't know what the default is (or was since it isn't there anymore) but can you determine what the VIP722k background color was and request this be added in as an option? thanks.

slclemens
Camera Crew
Yes, the new color scheme is horrible and difficult to see. This is part of the problems created by the new software interface imposed on us for all Hoppers that Dish does not want to seem to fix. https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21053
And to clarify, it does not really matter which of the two color schemes you choose, the color scheme on the menus on both are difficult to see schemes (gray vs. dark gray). Dish has imposed this change on all hoppers and won't revert to the previous "interface" software.
(And what kind of forum system does not allow other customers to vote up or down on postings?)

Chadt41411
Casting Director
slclemens wrote:
Yes, the new color scheme is horrible and difficult to see. This is part of the problems created by the new software interface imposed on us for all Hoppers that Dish does not want to seem to fix. https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21053
And to clarify, it does not really matter which of the two color schemes you choose, the color scheme on the menus on both are difficult to see schemes (gray vs. dark gray). Dish has imposed this change on all hoppers and won't revert to the previous "interface" software.
(And what kind of forum system does not allow other customers to vote up or down on postings?)

A support forum. You'd be more interested in a forum at satelliteguys.us or dbstalk.com