Hopper 2 update U241 breaks sharing recordings

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 2 update U241 breaks sharing recordings

tetrode
Character Actor

Starting with update U241 rolled out to my two hopper 2 with sling receivers on 12/13/17, recordings recorded on a second hopper will often not play correctly on the hopper that did not actually do the recording. They may return an error of "playback stopped, delete/dvr/live tv" or they start an unrelated recording. It appears that all new recordings made after the U241 update but not earlier recordings have this problem.

CS logged in remotely and verified what I was seeing and noted that this was a known issue with the U241 update.

These software updates that break more features than they resolve are rapidly heading toward a product that is unusable. How about rolling back updates with obvious and well documented problems? How about applying quality control to updates before they are pushed to customers?

First aggravation from months ago, no X4 forward viewing speed. Unresolved to date

Wireless Joey reboots at 1AM even when actively viewing. Unresolved to date.

Can't view recordings made on second hopper. Brand new goof and Unresolved to date.

I would like to remain a Dish customer but these continued software snafu's are trying my loyalty.

3 Replies

Re: Hopper 2 update U241 breaks sharing recordings

peggyrh
Associate Producer
"no X4 forward viewing speed. Unresolved to date"

Will not be returning according to reps (so nothing to resolve). Was removed almost 2 years ago when Hopper 3 was introduced with the new user interface. (UI was only added to Hopper with Sling more recently).

tetrode
Character Actor
I understand no 4X fast forward is not seen as a problem but removing a no cost (to Dish or viewer) feature is not a good business model. Just one more thing.

tetrode
Character Actor

Updated to U242 with no resolution. Tech says maybe a few more resets will help. (sure thing)

Three long calls to support and one chat session. So I am paying for capabilities that are not being delivered. Capabilities that were broken in a software update that they don't know how to fix. They are willing to let me pay to upgrade to a H3. How decent of them.

Really getting disgusted to the point that I am pricing other providers.