Hooper freezing up when exiting Netflix

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooper freezing up when exiting Netflix

BrianP58
Audio Engineer
50% of the time I exit Netflix the receiver freezes up and I have to reset interrupting any recordings at that time.

Anyone else experience this issue?
6 Replies

Re: Hooper freezing up when exiting Netflix

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
My Hopper w/ Sling doesn't lock up, but it takes a fairly long period of time (30 seconds or more) after exiting Netflix for normal programming to resume.

BrianP58
Audio Engineer
I've waited. When it does close properly it takes 30 seconds + as you describe. I've waited a few minutes before realizing I needed to reboot. Happens quite frequently

DISH Employee
Have you all noticed if the video is broken up when it does this as well? When this happens are you able to access the Guide? If you channel up and channel back will the picture still be frozen? If so When you press the buttons of; Menu> Menu> Menu> Tools > Reset Hopper > Yes do you see an error message once it has reset?

If not please press the buttons of; [MENU] > [MENU] > Status > Check Status > Yes and allow box A to reach 100% and what colors are you seeing in field “E�?

BrianP58
Audio Engineer
Just a black screen and no buttons on the remote work.

Reset Netflix to factory defaults. This should resolve any issues with it.

menu > menu > tools > reset to factory defaults > netflix
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

todd_l
Extra

Yes, I'm having this exact same issue.  It seems to be after I have Netflix on for a long period of time (few hours).

I'll try resetting Netflix to factory defaults, but I'm leary if this will work.  They actually sent me a brand new Hopper to try to fix it, and the problem seems to have come back.  Very frustrating having to unplug the receiver once a day.