cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Home media playing in small window

gboybama
Extra
jeffbon wrote:
Now my posts regarding this issue are being deleted.

I noticed that.

davistw
Character Actor
YET ANOTHER SOFTWARE UPDATE AND STILL NOT FIXED.....
Come on Dish....It aint that hard to get the dnla right...

HawkInOz
Character Actor
I have this problem on both my new H3 and 4K Joey. The workarounds that have been posted on here previously worked on my HWS and Joey 1.0 (after the UI Update in June - which initiated this infuriating behavior). However, they do NOT work any more on my new H3 and 4K Joey.

When I attempt to use the workarounds now on the "new" hardware, the video does change to full screen - but playback stops or skips ahead and then it almost immediately locks up the device that the workaround was attempted on. I then have to either reboot the Joey or the Hopper to be able to use them again. I can no longer access my DLNA server (which is hosted on a QNAP NAS) on any of my DISH equipment.

The most frustrating aspect for me is that it worked nearly flawlessly on my "old" hardware prior to the UI Update, and using the Home Media option was extremely convenient - when it worked as intended.
Hopper 3 / 4K Joey

rootazoid
Camera Crew
Count me in as another with this problem with the April '17 update. Reported it right away, still waiting.

Someone else posted:
[i:1kaz0i8h]move on from the home media.. use plex via the firestick or roku.. its way better interface.. and it actually works![/i:1kaz0i8h]

If that advice was coming from Dish, it would be like saying [i:1kaz0i8h]"we provided you with a tool that [b:1kaz0i8h]worked[/b:1kaz0i8h] for you, and now because [b:1kaz0i8h]we changed[/b:1kaz0i8h] something, it doesn't, even though you're still [b:1kaz0i8h]paying[/b:1kaz0i8h] for it. Rather than us fixing it, we suggest buying a new tool from a different company, it'll work better anyway."[/i:1kaz0i8h]

Chadt41411
Casting Director
rootazoid wrote:
Count me in as another with this problem with the April '17 update. Reported it right away, still waiting.

Someone else posted:
[i:3kbcw91c]move on from the home media.. use plex via the firestick or roku.. its way better interface.. and it actually works![/i:3kbcw91c]

If that advice was coming from Dish, it would be like saying [i:3kbcw91c]"we provided you with a tool that [b:3kbcw91c]worked[/b:3kbcw91c] for you, and now because [b:3kbcw91c]we changed[/b:3kbcw91c] something, it doesn't, even though you're still [b:3kbcw91c]paying[/b:3kbcw91c] for it. Rather than us fixing it, we suggest buying a new tool from a different company, it'll work better anyway."[/i:3kbcw91c]

You don't pay for the Home Media, and it is not used by many. That is why it would be a lower priority.

rootazoid
Camera Crew
[quote:1qa37reg]if you hit # on your remote[/quote:1qa37reg]

My H3 remote doesn't have a # key. Maybe you meant something else?

rootazoid
Camera Crew
[quote:3s55s205]
You don't pay for the Home Media, and it is not used by many. That is why it would be a lower priority.[/quote:3s55s205]

When Home Media was working it was the main reason I was sticking with Dish instead of the detestable-but-no-weather-problems cable. It was why they were getting their bill paid. Not used by many? Is that like my car's seat belts I paid for when I bought it? When I need them I need them! Lower priority I can sort of understand, the programmers have probably been pretty busy with Alexa and all those shopping channels.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Again, you do not pay for home media. If that's your main use, cool, but it is a complimentary feature. There is no fee for it, and no associated fee in any way.
Your comparison is not a good one. But even if we were to use yours, if your car seat belt were not working, you would figure out a way to make them work, or use a work around. The car company would not fix them. Now a better example would have been if you said the seat adjuster on the passenger side was not working. It's a convenience, however it doesn't impact the over all purpose of your trip, nor is it something you pay for.

bobknob
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
Again, you do not pay for home media. If that's your main use, cool, but it is a complimentary feature. There is no fee for it, and no associated fee in any way.
Your comparison is not a good one. But even if we were to use yours, if your car seat belt were not working, you would figure out a way to make them work, or use a work around. The car company would not fix them. Now a better example would have been if you said the seat adjuster on the passenger side was not working. It's a convenience, however it doesn't impact the over all purpose of your trip, nor is it something you pay for.

Business 101. There is a COST for all aspects of dish and the 'seat adjuster' in your car. This COST is passed along to the customer in the form of a subscription fee (dish) and the price of the car. As a dish subscriber, we ARE in fact PAYING for these services; even though there is no line item in our bill.

Just like marketing and commercials for dish. This is not a line item on our bill, but through our subscription we are paying for it. Just like the development department at dish, there is no line item on our bill, but we are, unfortunately, paying for it....sometimes in more ways than one.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The difference here is that even if the feature was removed entirely, you'd pay the same since you do not pay for it. You pay for the linear services. You pay for DVr services. Now does your money go towards Dish bills, yes, but that doesn't mean you pay for it.