Extra
Mike H. wrote:
What I am needing to get this fully looked into is the following in a PM;

Receiver # -
Smartcard # -
Hardware ID -
Software Version -

What is the title of the show and what was the channel(s) it came from -

Ok, this is ridiculous. What's being talked about in this thread is Home Media not working correctly. Not "What channel did the show come from". Basically, what people here are trying to do is play a movie they have on their device at home (in my case it's my PC) through the Hopper and it's "Home Media" option. Everything was working fine until last Friday night's update it seems. I too have called Dish and after being placed on hold for 45 min to even speak to a person, was transferred to three different people with not a single one knowing what I was talking about and reading a checklist of standard fixes. Unplugging the receiver for 5 min then plugging back in, hitting the reset button on the front panel among the few things on their "checklist" to do. Basically, it seems that no matter who you talk to at Dish, weather here or on the phone, no one has any clue as to what their own equipment is supposed to be doing.

Goodbye Dish, DirecTV will be here Sat to install and you'll be hearing from me to cancel our service for good.

Re: Home Media

ajwesseler
Character Actor
Following thread. Shame issue. Hopper 3 with sling. Using plex. Have the small window on Hopper and Joeys

tdiguy
Costume Designer
herbcohen wrote:
Not to hijack this thread, but I would recommend Plex based on other experience. The server software is easy to install on any PC on your network. The H3 and Joey accesses it just fine. All good except for this new "shrunken video" problem.

Good to know. I might switch over to plex myself if i change media devices. From what i see with plex it would be a much more user friendly interface with other plex devices also.

Re: Home media playing in small window

ajwesseler
Character Actor
Following. Same issue

jimgreen1972
Costume Designer
I use tversity.. never had a problem with it.. easy to use..everything I stream is already converted to .mp4 so I don't have an issue with different containers..

ajwesseler
Character Actor
I use plex and it is fantastic as a server. Just need to fix the small window problem. Bought a roku and may cut the cord after this..

ajwesseler
Character Actor
I use plex and it is fantastic as a server. Just need to fix the small window problem. Bought a roku and may cut the cord after this..

stottosy
Character Actor
Same thing happening to me all of a sudden. Was OK last weekend. When will it be fixed????

dntawy
Character Actor
I am also having this problem. I've been using the home media app to stream video files from my pc for a long time without a problem until very recently. I get the same thing with the video only playing in the small window(like where the preview window usually is when you are browsing the guide).

I have found a workaround that works on my joeys but not the main hopper. I'm not sure which part of this is what gets it to work but so far I've narrowed it down to doing this:

Go to home media and navigate to the file you want to play. When it starts playing in the small window press the back button to go back to your media server directory and then press the power button to turn your joey off. Turn the joey back on and navigate back to the file you want to play(slowly. with 3-5 seconds in between button presses once you get to your media server directory and all the way to 'play to end'). This gets it playing full screen for me on the joeys but I haven't found a way to fix it on the hopper. I really hope they get this fixed soon.

paclv
Extra
I am having the exact same issue, seems like it has to be due to a software update? Does anyone have a fix or know when Dish may fix this issue? I rely heavily on this feature and I am not very pleased right now!