Home media playing in small window

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home media playing in small window

tchewtch
Character Actor
I have an external drive with home videos on it. I have regularly played these via my Hopper 3 using the Home Media icon on the menu. Tonight, the videos are now playing in a small 'PIP' style window in the corner of the screen. Maybe I selected some option somewhere to cause this but I cannot find a way to reverse it. Any ideas?

Thanks, Dave.
160 Replies

Re: Home media playing in small window

DISH Employee
tchewtch wrote:
I have an external drive with home videos on it. I have regularly played these via my Hopper 3 using the Home Media icon on the menu. Tonight, the videos are now playing in a small 'PIP' style window in the corner of the screen. Maybe I selected some option somewhere to cause this but I cannot find a way to reverse it. Any ideas?

Thanks, Dave.

Hello, you can disable the PIP function by pressing "Options" while watching live TV and then selecting "Picture In Picture".

tchewtch
Character Actor
Thanks for replying, PIP is already off.

DISH Employee
tchewtch wrote:
Thanks for replying, PIP is already off.

Can you make sure that the PIP on your TV set it self is not enabled?

tchewtch
Character Actor
I don't think there is any PIP function on my TV. There's nothing in the manual.

tchewtch
Character Actor
It's definitely not my TV. I can switch the input (of my TV) to my network, instead of the Hopper, and the media plays fine, full screen. Also, my two Joey's have the same problem. Was there maybe a software 'update' that introduced a bug?

Home Media

tdiguy
Costume Designer
I think / hope that this was put into a report from the chat i had with a rep.
Anyway the issue i am now having is that when i play any video i have using the hopper home media option it plays in a very small window in the upper right hand part of the screen, as if it was the small picture of pip.
However this happens on the joey ( where there is no pip support ) and home media does not support pip so its not pip ( i also tried that option to no avail anyway )
After much troubleshooting and rebooting the hopper a few times I have not been able to get anywhere on this. The home movies i have used to play at full screen without an issue as of Thursday. Friday there was an update and now this happens.
I dont have many other devices to check this with but on my laptop they playback in full screen still.
Any thoughts?

Re: Home Media

cricky
Extra
Same problem here. It was the recent update Don't hold your breath for a fix.

BillShepp
Extra
I'm having the same problem, and it's definitely related to the Hopper, not my TV or other A/V components. I've used Home Media many times in the past, but it's also now showing in a small window in the upper right corner regardless of what video I choose.

Re: Home Media

tdiguy
Costume Designer
I really wish there was some update on this. I did not get the case number for the issue.